DSD DAC Price Drop?

That’s actually pretty funny. I don’t come around enough to know whether it’s just your perception or the reality. It wouldn’t surprise me, but I did do a search for “resale” and “DSD DAC discount” and it didn’t turn up much, if any hits at all as far as previous posts. So I posted a question (the OP) that was clearly NOT complaining about anything, and it evolved into a conversation that was just fine and dandy until the cyber nanny brigade descended on it.

I don’t know about everyone else but I have no need to know other members financial situation in discussing the merits of pieces of audio gear. You can either afford to buy it or you can’t and whining about what you think of the prices will have no effect on what a manufacturer is going to charge whether it be PSA or another company.

Well then it’s a good thing that wasn’t one of the topics discussed in this thread! This thread was purely about resale value and how changes in the MSRP might affect that. Far as I can tell, it’s only the cyber nanny brigade that’s whining.

If you want to “make a deal” then pick up the damn phone and call somebody not post about it in a public forum.

Agree, but I don’t see how it’s relevant to the topic of publicly posted MSRP and its effects (or lack thereof) on resale value.

If you want recommendations or advice about gear and have a budget then state the budget and stop. I don’t need to know why it is what it is. I am sure this will go on deaf ears to the regular offenders as nothing seems to get through to them so far. My 2 cents.

Not sure who, but I guess somebody might learn something from that nugget. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed here, but sure, don’t let relevance be an obstacle to a short rant. I guess we all have something to get off our chests.

1 Like

Do you seriously think that myself or any of the other regular members who have posted in this thread really give a crap what you think about us or our opinions. If you do you are more delusional than it appears on the surface. If you can’t afford to be in this game then get out and quit whining. No one cares so move on. You obviously have nothing else to do in your life other than to sit around and make post after post defending yourself and your opinions.

1 Like

If you, an admitted “regular”, didn’t care what I was saying or what I think about, then why are 1) reading it to begin with, 2) offering numerous replies that totally miss the point without any useful information and 3) engaging in a disingenuous attempt to misrepresent what was being discussed in the first place?

Cleeeearly something here is important enough for you to continue responding, right? If someone replies to me in an attempt to mis-characterize the nature of my point in starting this thread to begin with, or to impugn the actual conversation that resulted with other “regular members”, then I usually respond. That’s how it works. You get a little blue circle up there by the first letter of your handle.

I mean seriously, where did you get the idea that anyone here couldn’t afford to be “in this game”, dude? LOL - I’ve been on this thread, that I started with the OP, on and off, for approximately 48 hours, if that. Yet, as an admitted “regular member” you are the one un-ironically accusing me of having nothing else to do in my life? That’s called projection, pal. Haha, and it’s a common tactic of trolls.

1 Like

Because your only concern from the beginning involves money no matter how you try to frame it. How much will I make or lose if I decide to sell. The rest has just been noise.

That’s an overly simplistic way to put it, and incorrect. Of course money is a concern, but it’s far from the only one, as I have previously laid out. There are numerous factors involved in a decision to purchase or re-sell a piece of audio equipment, a house, a boat, a musical instrument or a car (including the ones I’ve named in this thread, and the ones you added - i.e. whether a wife or girlfriend has a say). And you’re already on record right here in this thread stating that you’re not interested in any of those things - and that you think anyone who is, is only “whining” about not being able to “afford to be in this game.” (sorry if I paraphrased/quoted you wrong there)

So isn’t it, in fact, you who’s only concerned with the money angle?

Anyway let’s be real here - make or lose? Who makes money on reselling a piece of audio equipment or anything other than real estate? If all you’re going to focus on is money (which is far from my only focus in this meandering conversation) 'tis it not really only a discussion of how much we’re going to lose?

1 Like

Well since we’re being civil now, “churn”, in that context, almost always has a negative connotation. Churn is generally unproductive movement in and out of a given system. Movement that does not result in any net gain, but instead the loss of recurring customers or revenue. So “churn rate” is a measure of the recurring revenue lost in that sense. Hence, to assert that a person’s hobby is to “churn” a bunch of components in and out of their system is to imply not only that they are not interested in anything gained during the interim (pleasure from listening to a well engineered product being the most obvious example to me) but also that they are only interested in cynically moving stereo components in and out of their collection, for no reason other than to say they’ve owned something and not lose too much money in doing so. Can we at least agree on that?

And for the record, that’s not my M.O. - but it is disparaging in the way you used it.

1 Like

Wow, a lot of long winded posts in this thread! And an obvious need to prove he’s right.
Churning through a bunch of ridiculous posts, implies, you’re not really making any headway!

1 Like

@kylemillsap

You got that right. Through this “churn”, I’ve definitely learned a few lessons here. Let me enumerate them for future reference:

1. Many participants/members are not interested in logical or good faith conversation. Rather, there seems to be a few contingents dedicated to promoting the party line, trolling for its own sake, and participating in the virtual pack mentality.

2. Now that I think about it, #1 is really all that matters. Self-righteous dweebs running around and calling posts “ridiculous” without offering anything remotely resembling a factual refutation, much less demonstrating the ability or interest to participate in a mutually productive conversation are no longer worth responding to. Some of you really would be much better off using Twitter, since all you’re doing here is using non-factual, irrelevant “sound bites” and insults attempting to silence, chill or run off current or prospective PS Audio customers who make the mistake of trying to learn or converse via these forums.

You’re doing great work here, guys! Way to go introducing more people to the audiophile hobby and growing PS Audio’s customer base!

1 Like

All you’ve learned from this is that the majority of those who have participated in this thread don’t think it’s all about how much money you can make off of a sale of used gear. Like many of us you bought your PSA gear from one of the “box houses” with heavy discounts the difference is that we understood that “discount” would be reflected in the sale price on the back end. Paul decided in August that he wanted to change this which is his right. Whether that works out or not only time will tell but as the CEO it’s his choice. So again you are just making noise.

LOL wrong. Bought direct from PSA in 2 out of 4 cases. Admittedly, for a few of those purchases, in fact resale value was not a consideration at all at the time, but in others it was from the get go. Depends on many factors. But if you’re totally oblivious to the concept, that’s fine. To each his own. It usually plays a role in any purchase over a certain, variable, amount that itself depends on a variety of factors.

I’m the one trying to have a conversation that has absolutely ZERO bearing on Paul’s decisions and you’re the one accusing me (and others - from whom I have received private messages stating some of you are trolls) of making noise when it’s really you doing that. You seem to have this underlying need to project a motive onto people where it’s completely incorrect. Why did you assume that I “can’t afford” to play in this game? LOL that still makes me laugh.

Here’s what is even more funny. You seem to be arguing that PS Audio gear is massively overpriced from the beginning and that we should all expect huge fluctuations in published price - and therefore our ability to resell it if need be. I mean, that IS one interpretation of your most recent post, is it not?

1 Like

And you continue to expose yourself as nobody has e-mailed you stating that any of the long standing members who have posted in this thread are “trolls.” You just continue to make things up as you go along and keep adding to it as you think of new “facts.” I’m through “playing” with you as it’s become boring.

Hahaha, expose myself. I have indeed received at least 3 private messages regarding this thread alone (the little blue envelope icon). Why would I make that up?! LOL! For god’s sake is this some kind of game to you or something? I am using my real name, so feel free to continue exposing away. You’re a crybaby and a troll.

1 Like

https://g.co/kgs/sGrSem

No, churn rate is a term of art and properly used - nothing pejorative. You may wish to Google it for more information.

Regardless, I explained my use of the term. It is ludicrous for you now write a long paragraph claiming my intent was otherwise. You are arguing just to argue.

We have one member here for whom this is a favorite term which he routinely applies to me. He possesses no tolerance for a dissenting opinion. I do not doubt he has sent Casey three PMs (or more) labeling me a troll.

There are certain traditions one can count on. :slight_smile:

On the other hand, my bet is no one else has been so labeled in PMs Casey may have received.

Can we now please move past the name calling and personal attacks? Calling people trolls, crybabies, dense, self-righteous dweebs, delusional, a cyber nanny brigade, etc. does not move any conversation forward.

I don’t think you are a troll elk. Lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t feed the troll/pot stirrer

i am not a nobody!

hey, man, i call it as i see it…

change your behavior, act like a moderator…not a ____ .

so, you continue to read our PM’s…not really a PM then??

Your behavior is transparent and consistent. Thus, the source of the troll comment was immediately obvious. But thank you for confirming you are the single source of messages to Casey calling anyone a troll.

Unfortunately, for some of you merely disagreeing results in a “troll” label and worse. :frowning: