DSD Playback with Roon on Direct Stream DAC

What are your observations in improved sound?

Also, have you tried an external 9v battery with something like this:
Mr.Power 9V Battery Clip Converter Power Cable Snap Connector 2.1mm 5.5mm Plug for Guitar Effect Pedal (2 cable) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCZZ5JF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kYnEDbNN83S8X

Yes, I use a 9v battery on the downstream Media Converter with a similar adapter. Standard 9v batteries don’t last too long… There are 800 mAh rechargeable ones available that last much longer, as well as something like this:

I haven’t tried such a “battery supply” yet as I am waiting until the EtherRegen comes out and will probably try that next, though it is much more expensive (~$600).

Sound quality wise there was an immediate noticeable improvement (meaning no A/B required) when the Media Converters were installed, and a second easily noticeable improvement when the battery was substituted on the downstream supply. I admittedly have a very dirty network (i.e. lots of activity, switches, conversions, and power supplies).

Specifically, the background was blacker with more micro reverberations around the instruments which also seemed more individually delineated. This was most expressed on vocals which were strikingly more life like with the kind of near field reflections that make them believably present. Transients, both bass and HF were better defined.