My system is producing a popping sound DURING songs (not the DSD between songs thing). It produces pops for all digital music formats (including streaming) that I play through the Bridge II RJ45.
I purchased my DSD Sr. on December 3 of 2018. It is on Snowmass (Bootloader 1.13, Firmware 3.05, Bridge 3.6.17, FPGA 0.139, USB 00.33, Rev 0305). I am working under the assumption that they are all current but I am not sure.
My DSD Sr. runs directly into my Red Dragon’s - Leviathan Mono blocks via XLR, and out to my Monitor Audio Gold 300’s.
- Popping is occurring with MP3, FLAC, and DSD files, or even Tidal Streaming (through Roon) but only music going through the Bridge II’s RJ45 (network) connection
- It is mostly popping during songs (and not in the silence between tracks)
- The popping sounds like the sound you get when playing an LP that has dirt or static
- The popping is the same volume and frequency each time it pops (at a level volume)
- The popping gets louder if I turn up the volume of playback and gets softer if I turn the volume down
- When I plug the USB on my laptop (running JRiver Media Center 25) into the USB on the DSD Sr. all the same files (Mp3, FLAC, DSD) run without popping. That is the DSD Sr. is sending the converted files through my sound system setup (speakers, cables, amps, etc.)
- I’ve have tried several Network Cables including Cat5, Cat6, and Cat7
Assumptions (based on the facts above):
- My firmware (etc.) on the DSD Sr. is up to date (see above)
- There are no grounding problems (because it works with a laptop plugged into the USB of the DSD Sr.)
- No other cable or piece of hardware is causing the issue (the issue is narrowed down to Bridge II)
Any more troubleshooting you would suggest? Any Ideas on what is wrong?