DSJ Subwoofer Placement

No one is suggesting we should not take care in assembling a system - instead positing slavishly attending to “logic and measurements” does not serve music.

post is now removed

Sorry if you don’t find comfort in conforming to a world of reason.

Huh? Where did this come from?

“positing” threw me a bit too…

I am happy to clarify if you have a specific question.

I believe my position is clear; slavishly attending to “logic and measurements” does not serve music.

Of course, you may well disagree. Or agree. :slight_smile:

Agreed, beauty is in the ear of the listener. But it probably also explains why so many have thought highly of Bose…

(just to open up another can of worms):smile:

I am uncertain this is bad. If people listen to more music, with greater enjoyment, on a Bose system than they would otherwise, this is a wonderful thing. Who cares how it measures or what official audiophiles may opine?

It is also worth keeping in mind that a Bose setup may very well be the best system a big box store consumer has heard. When this is the case, he is making an excellent decision choosing Bose. And this may well lead to more exposure to good playback systems, etc.

The ultimate purpose of a playback system is to provide enjoyment through listening to music - however one gets there.

4 Likes

maybe it’s easier to sense the quality(s) that might come from the most familiar sounds…

like listening to the sonics of the vocals…we all know what a real voice sounds like?..then listen for other various instruments you are most familiar from actual/personal experience…then mostly whatever else my troll says here, Bose not withstanding…

but, as long as it’s not fatiguing…enjoy

1 Like