Near Field Subwoofer Revelation - From Ask Paul Video

@Paul I am very intrigued about Near Field Subwoofer placement. For one, I can get those monsters out of site and also I wouldn’t be partially blocking a door.

So If I was to place my pair of JL Audio f113 subs behind my sofa which way would the front of the subwoofers face? Towards the rear wall or towards the side walls? I’ll assume they wouldn’t face each other or the back of the sofa.

1 Like

I am no expert at this having only experienced it twice now but in the first case where the subs were behind the sofa they pointed right at the main speakers. In the second instance where they were on the sides of the sofa they each pointed directly at my ears.

1 Like

Nah, Paul. You too are just getting old(er) and can’t quite hear those low notes like we used to, unless they are blasting directly into our ears :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Paul, I’ll try them both ways in the next few days and report back.

1 Like

Consider that Darren probably uses EQ’able subs, if you don’t.

Darren has said that he is using a mini DSP on the system / subs.

This has me intrigued with being used with the Raal Requisite headphones (or possibly other open backed headphones). On another forum members have talked about using these headphones with standard subwoofer configurations (corner position) with good results. Near field subs could be a game changer.

Can’t wait to hear more on this . Of course Home theater bass freaks (and I mean that in a good way) put subs everywhere. In the front, sides, behind and underneath all seating positions.