Emotiva amps

The Emotiva XPR-2 amp I am selling is 600 X 2 at 8 ohms. 20 amp power cord and weights it at 115 lbs. @ 1450.00 let me know if you can do better? the emo XPR is one hell of an amp for the $

1 Like

I had 3 of the XPR-1sā€¦loved the sound, killer build quality but damn my back doesnā€™t miss themā€¦sold them and went to the DR-1sā€¦was very happy with themā€¦may have given up a little bass(not much) but then went to BHK-300s ultimately and havenā€™t looked back.

For the money the XPRs canā€™t really be beat thoughā€¦the XPR-2 is an awesome stereo ampā€¦

1 Like

Yes, they are heavy beasts!

1 Like

Had an Emotiva DC-1 (DAC, preamp, headphone amp) about 3 years ago. Half width design, XLR and RCA outputs, supposedly one of their professional models but headphone jack was 1/8 inch. Sound was very dynamic but not analog, subtle, or sophisticated. Remote volume control was hard for me to control.

At nearly twice the price a DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core (also half width with XLR and RCA outputs plus bass DSP) was a better fit sonically. But the back panel was very crowded and the credit card remote a disappointment.

I have a pair of XPR-5ā€™s for sale. I also ( if I sell the XR-5ā€™s ) have an XPR-2 I could sell as well.

XPR-2 or XPA-2? Iā€™m not sure which one the XPR isā€¦

There wasnā€™t gens of the xpr to my knowledge xpa has 3

XPR was a reference line of amps. All 20 amp power required. Huge transformers, built well, and have loads of headroom.

If you decide to sell the XPR-2 I am very interested.

Iā€™ll keep you posted. Hate to sell it, itā€™s such a great amp for the money. Heavy as hell tho. LOL

Thank you, and yes I would have a very hard time letting it go. I have the xpr-1s and a 2, I want to complete my home theatre with it .
The xpr ā€˜s are very nice.

I have never heard an XPR-1. Your thoughts vs the XPR-2?

The xpr 1s I have more detail better sounded staging the better your front end the better they sound I could be very happy the rest of my days with them,And a Tremendous amount of headroom but my XP 2 is no slouch either I will never part with them though they are heavy, they just sound so good they will be very hard to replace.

I replaced the xpr2 with a pair of ps audio bhk 300 monos

I have yet to hear the BHK mono or stereo I would like to elaborate more on the XPR 1 s but time is limited me from extensively typing, not that fast at it LOL . The BHK monos have got me very intrigued the OCD audiophile in Me. I am sure they will be in my future my main listening is PrimaLuna dialogue premium HP amps very happy with them to .
How do you like the BHK over your Emotiva.

I realize this is a year-old thread, but in case the OP is interested, I thought Iā€™d mention that Iā€™ve been running an Emo BasX A-300 for about 10 months, paired with a SGCD, powering a pair of Magnepan .7s, and itā€™s great. It replaced a B&K ST-140 Iā€™d been using for about 35 years, which was a lovely amp in its own right. The Emo betters it in several ways, including detail and slam, while keeping natural timbres and a vivid 3-D soundstage. My only complaint is the internal fans, which arenā€™t the quietest in the world. They come on pretty readily in my setup, with my listening habits, and while theyā€™re not super loud, theyā€™re definitely noticeable, like water running in the pipes somewhere off in another part of the house.

Having said that, I will admit that if my budget hadnā€™t been so tight, and the Emo hadnā€™t been so incredibly inexpensive for its performance level, I might have looked elsewhere right from the start, including maybe an S300. But it fit my needs when I was in the market, and Iā€™m happy to the point that Iā€™m not likely to replace it anytime soon.

I just ran across this post of mine from only 3 months ago, and here I am one month into my ownership of M700s. I guess those were famous last words, and ā€œanytime soonā€ expired after another 60 days or so after posting. :smile:

But, hey, I donā€™t care! Iā€™m loving the M700s too much.

1 Like

Haha, this put a smile on my face!!! :laughing: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like