Equipment where reviews did NOT match your experience

This guy:

I was so surprised to see/meet him unexpectedly. Fun stuff. Have his card here somewhere, but don’t have the money to hire him ; ) Really nice guy.

And used to use Bobby Owsinski’s stuff to “Edumacate” the young, clueless audio students I used to teach : )

1 Like

So yeah - Vivid is at RMAF. They are in some good company on the “V” page:

Sub-vote: Which V’s in this group have you heard and liked?

Mine:
VAC, Vandersteen, Vinnie, VPI, VTL (biased on the latter two)

VAC, Vitus, Vivid,

VPI and VTL for sure, too, but I have no specific memory of them.

VPI makes some really great 'tables, though the way they do it (mostly unipivot) isn’t for everybody.

VTL I still love as part of the Manley family. Someone correct me if I am “misremembering” the relationships here, but David Manley started VTL, later on married Eveanna Manley, who has become a force in the studio gear industry under the Manley name, and David’s son (not Eveanna’s) Luke Manley started VTL, both of which are still making SOTA stuff.

Just salivating over a pair of these I came across:

Need Balanced though.

Very interesting the relationships! I know these brands and some of their products but not sure if I listened to them halfway intensively yet on an occasion.

Reminds me of some of the first girls I dated in my younger lustful days of yore…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Met Micheal in the early 80’s along with Jack Renner and they
turned me on to ATC. Had their SCM20’s for a long while and loved
their midrage. Thanks for the flashback.

Yeah - bright, shiny stuff. Feel that totally.

This cracked me up - just out doing errands and parked next to two cars that sort of sum up the visual/price thing, though one could clearly argue about it, as the vivid car on the center/right is a fraction of the dirty car on the left - but I will assume you get what I mean:

Also want to Apologize (yet again) about taking up so much bandwidth here today, but this is the sort of thread (so far…) that I think Represents the PS Thing.

Can I include my Ariens snowblower here?

1 Like

An Emotiva amplifier.

That bottom one Superjet make ahell of a urinal in a Palace.

yeah, I called it bathtub design in my show report.

Most of above, but Vaughn Loudspeakers were a VERY pleasant surprise (driven by tubed gear when I heard them).

If you’re at RMAF, look them up.

Cool - on the List.

Isn’t Subaru the “Official” car of Colorado?

Is Vaughn still using plasma super tweeters in some models?

Oh - for sure. I was asked, “What color Outback did you buy?” : )

I laughed really hard at that one, as I had been behind so many of them on the road and at stoplights since moving here.

FWIW - My Outback is an organically-grown, aninline-dyed, Purple, Full-On free-trade, custom-made, hand rubbed model.

The Organic shizz, y’all.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Weeee dawgeee. Hold onto your Birkenstocks—purple!

Sometimes I wish mine (Halcro + Magico) were as you describe. I get audiophiles come here, including vinyl and tube tragics, to hear those products for the first time and they just love the sound so much it’s neigh on impossible to get them to leave within a few hours. But it’s OK, I don’t mind sharing the Magico and Halcro love around. There will be a new Magico M3 owner in our midst soon. Hopefully his hired gym junkie goons can get them up the stairs unscathed. I look forward to his impressions.

What didn’t you like about Emotiva?