Finally....PerfectWave SACD Transport

Well, I have a good number of hours on the VdH HDMI now and it hasn’t changed much (or at least I just listen and am less conscious of the cable and any changes it may go through).

I feel it is as good if not a bit better than the AC-12 especially with a slight increase in clarity and dynamics. There is a rich or creamy texture to the sound with the AC-12 that I miss often enough, but I think the VdH is a better cable overall for the bulk of the material I play via the DMP. It’s a keeper.

3 Likes

If You would like to have a suggestion for a VdH Interconnect, which does essentially the same (and made hundreds of customers very happy over the years), You are invited to write me a PM - because it’s here too much off topic…

Thanks. I am really happy with my Voooo Cable interconnects (Stradivarius Amati and Crenona).

Happy…that sounds good :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can everyone who has already a PST (as a beta tester or otherwise) share with us your ideas about the SQ? Compare to the DMP if possible?
Thanks a lot

4 Likes

PLS See this thread, you can read others on PST there too.

2 Likes

Why is the Beta Tester’s Impressions thread in the Preamplifier section of the forum? I couldn’t tell you how many pages of entries in the Transport section I scrolled through looking for it before @Terrence posted the link above.

Thanks, that explains why I could not find the Beta’s impressions. I resorted to a search to find the thread.

To answer your question: Because this is where the creator of the thread put it. :slight_smile:

I changed the labeling. The thread is now in Transports.

Please let me know if you come across oddities such as this. I correct as many mistakes as I notice, but some get by me - such as this one.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks Elk! Man, that creator really had no idea what they were doing… :pensive:

2 Likes

:grin:

Build my PST, PSA Wizard! :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully soon! :crossed_fingers: I can promise it’s worth the wait.

1 Like

We are on it!

1 Like

I have been in your shop and know you all are working hard to please your customers. My thanks and best wishes for a wonderful 2021.

1 Like

Well, I expected it to work perfectly. It looked perfect before powering it up. I have a possessed drawer (opens and closes on its own…videos to show PSA) and the unit insists on “reading” even beofre a disc is in. In fact, the drawer wouldn’t open until rebooting on the 4th time (I used the manual at that point to emergency open). Hate to be the barer of bad news and I’m sure PSA will make it right soon. This is the first malfunctioning experience I’ve had after having had a multitude of PSA units in my system at one time or another (from most recent to furthest back: M1200, SPP, P3, DSD, P12, Dectet).

Again, I’m not losing my cool on NYE FFS. Cheers!

3 Likes

Consider yourself very blessed with you track history previous to the PST. Not everyone can say the same.

PST, mine arrived today, a day early. Thanks Fedex. Thanks James.
First five minutes, there’s no sound. It was unhappy with the connection possible with my WW Platinum HDMI. I tried my Harmonic Technology Magic. No magic.
Then finally the PSA HDMI that came with my DMP. Yay. Sound! I listened for a few minutes, then refitted my Magic cable.
So now the thing is in my rack for maybe 20 minutes, still ice cold from delivery and it sounds much better than the DMP; noticeably more detail and dimension. And the tray feels and sounds smooth and silky. A keeper.
Also, I like the esthetic although I would have even left off the track timer. More to come after a few days of settling in.

14 Likes

Just sayin’ you should always let cold gear adjust to room temp on its shelf with nothing plugged in overnight at least.
I always waited at least 12 hours od “defrosting” before connecting any cable.
That’s just me :slight_smile:
Tom - NJ

2 Likes

Damnit JIm!

1 Like