Finally....PerfectWave SACD Transport

Any updates on the new transport?

Any info on when production units will ship? I did an early preorder but havenā€™t heard anything yet.

Beta should be wrapping up this month and we hope to begin shipping production units by the end of this month.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to that! My pre-order is on the books
mike garver

1 Like

Any first impressions out there from any of the beta testers??

Not in public beta yet, I believe.

The testers can post in here if they please, but we will have a dedicated thread coming soon for this purpose. Weā€™ve had a private thread going for about a month now. As with any beta, there have been some pesky bugs to squish, but the overall tone has been very positive.

2 Likes

Are you still on target to begin production units end of this month?

Thatā€™s the plan. Only time will tellā€¦

But beta testers please limit any comments to sound quality. Thanks!

1 Like

No beta tester comments here yet.

Is there another thread Iā€™ve missed?

Nope, no other thread.

Very curious. First time I have not seem posts from beta users. Usually they are coming fast and furious. I wonder whatā€™s up.

This is a normal private beta, like most manufacturers do. Then there will be the usual PS public one.

Beefā€™s right. Sorry about that. The beta testers have been incredibly helpful finding a few bugs that weā€™ve straightened out. We are waiting for a few of them to confirm the bug fixes work before asking them to finally post their findings.

1 Like

I plan to open a public thread here in the coming week. Likely right after Thanksgiving. Standby for that soon.

2 Likes

I just got an e-mail from PS Audio, but Iā€™m not telling anyone what it is about!!! Neener, neener, neener.

1 Like

ā€œBeta testing to begin shortly. Production units available in October.ā€

How long do you think the public beta testing will take?
Approximately how soon after you open the public beta thread, will the production units start shipping out?

Thanks.

I got onto the production unit list early and received mine today. The ownerā€™s manual insert addressed me as a beta tester but presumably it is a production unit.

Paul said there were a few bugs to fix in the beta units so it would be reassuring to know I have the latest version. Can we tell say by serial number or firmware version ?

Jerry

Iā€™ve got the same owners manual insert. Itā€™s been up and running for the last couple of days. Now for some good news and some bad news. First the good. Build quality is great. Now for the bad. Iā€™ve got to buy more SACDs! I turn on the system (all PS Audio) and I have to rely on my dog to get me up and moving again :service_dog: (closest I could find to a GSD).

2 Likes