Firmware 2.4.0

Thanks Gordon, time for some testing!

@radioclash

Just keep your volume low when switching to upper resolutions or between inputs.

Some owners have reported static pops and oscillating noises. [mine included

If you experience them you will gauge your volume accordingly till these are rectified.

I am using 2.4.0 and 2.14b. Whilst I thought that what I was listening to before I changed to 2.4.0 was very pleasing, this firmware upgrade for me has been an amazing lift in SQ. The improvement is significant. Where I come from it could be described as heaven on a stick.

I have noticed one very small glitch. Some times the DAC does not turn of from the front panel. The light is out but the music keeps going. Who cares.

@assisi

version 2.41 reportedly corrects that issue.

@assisi I have been using 2.4.0 CPL 109 for 3 or 4 weeks + 2.14b. They work great together. SQ is a major improvement over 2.2.0. All album art work functions perfectly. PWT is running 1.22

I have no negative issues (except the one below) and it is possible that those that are having some problems have earlier build dates. Mine is a mid 2012 build for both units.

My only issue continues to be, no matter which FW I use, that the PWD2/Bridge will only stream up to 5-6 continuous hours before it jams up.

Christopher

5 to 6 hours is pretty good. I’ve noticed the “big” jams are from my PC losing the external hard drive USB3 connection. I fixed this by plugging that drive into a USB2 port. Obviously this is not a Bridge problem, but something with my PC hardware or set-up.

For “small” jams typically a on-line “reset Upnp” at your PSAudio bridge web page is all that is needed. I keep a short-cut on my PC to make this easier to deal with.

Gordon said: version 2.41 reportedly corrects that issue [the DAC does not turn of from the front panel].

2.4.1 does correct this.

assisi said: . . . this firmware upgrade for me has been an amazing lift in SQ.

Agreed!

@woot Un-jamming is not the issue. The issue is that the Bridge jams in the first place. I have used USB3 & USB2 connections. Makes no difference. I remain convinced that it is an insufficient on-board RAM issue with the Bridge. I wish I could find the discussion link on this memory topic. I have read about the Bridge on-board memory storage before - wish I could remember where.

Christopher

I agree that it is annoying.

@assisi

version 2.41 reportedly corrects that issue.

I have the DAC firmware from two different and the folder name containing the files says 2.4.1. However when I have loaded the files into the unit the front screen says 2.4.0 during initialisation. I am unable to tell from the names of the files in the folder exactly what version they are. There are various file creation dates. So I cannot say what my unit is running on except that it does not turn off from the remote or the top left front button. This does not matter to me at this time and I will wait until there is an official version released before I change.

I do not have any of the unwanted noise issues at all. Life is fine

assisi said: . . . it does not turn off from the remote or the top left front button.

This is 2.4.0 as 2.4.1 addresses this.

I also have no problems with odd noises. I am glad to hear it is working well for you also.

could someone please point me to 2.4.0?? (or 2.4.1 if it’s usable now)

hit the link in G’s “firmware update” announcement post and it brings me right back to the forum page?? searched the PSA site without success. went to “My PSA” and it shows nothing for PWD updates?. currently running 2.2 and 2.14b on the bridge.

why can’t we make this easier??. i’m a veteran of these forums and can’t seem to find updates. can’t imagine what a newb goes through.

or maybe i’m an idiot :-B

Levi said: maybe i'm an idiot

Not in the least.

Neither 2.4.0 nor 2.4.1 is currently publicly available. 2.4.1 was released, but found deficient as it made unpleasant noises for some when playing files with different resolutions.

thanks Elk…much appreciated!!!

@levi

The forum software does not help to make it crystal clear.

The announced thread contains a link to “downloads” and the original thread is repeated at the top.

Maybe I can try something to make it more clear.

check back in a few minutes.