Florida Audio Expo 2024

And Estelon Forza’s! I’ve loved every Estelon speaker I’ve heard. The only time I was slightly disappointed was at the giant room at Axpona. The room was the culprit not the speaker. I’m going to see Jamie today. If one is fortunate enough to afford the Estelon speakers Jamie at the Audio Experience is the guy to see!

3 Likes

Jamie is it and I believe he and Estelon have a solution for the Axpona acoustics issue(s). PM for details. Audio Experience is a full line dealer, the YBs had my attention, the Aura was interesting. The size and aesthetic basically was a no go, as were the MBL’s. SabrinaX in place, so a piece of the equation has been solved. Next piece could fall into place once George returns.

2 Likes

have you heard side by side Wilson and Estelon in a decent room?

sure would like to compare AlexxV or AlexiaV with Estelon XDiamond

1 Like

Like Vivid, every Estelon speaker I have heard has the distinctive Estelon sound. Vivid always have the Vivid sound. I own the (current) top of the line and the baby pair too. That sound I would describe as “Where is the speaker? All I hear is music, can’t pick the source!”. It’s swell. Nice even. I haven’t heard the new baby speakers so I don’t know about them.

Wilson Speakers are very similar.

@weedeewop, George still has my Antileon Evo for sale I believe. It’s a seriously nice Class A amp. It drove my Wilson Yvettes and didn’t break a sweat. Of course a Diablo 333 is a most desirable object as well.

4 Likes

direct comparison of Estelon and Vivid would be nice to

and then winner of Estelon, Vivid, and Wilson compared against Clarisys Auditorium

1 Like

They are so similar you can pick which ever funny looking design you prefer. I love my ice cream cone bowling pins but the Big Estelon speakers look like menacing space aliens ready to turn you to gook. I love the look of the Extremes!

1 Like

I worry about the solidity of connection of 2 sliding pieces

1 Like

Go see and hear them. That worry vanishes and new worries take its place.

4 Likes

my only shot at hearing any of them in Florida is the Wilson in Miami, a 4 hour drive…would drive but strapped by dog needing yard time

near Suncoast Audio, but it carries none of these 3 (though have Clarisys)

I have not encountered a second room where Estelons can be heard. Only Jamie’s. And he doesn’t carry Wilson. I think a private home is the only place you could hear both. I doubt any dealer carries both. It could happen.

3 Likes

That is the Vivid truth. The speakers dont have a sound. Only music and the source is not apparent.
Its amazing how a pair of monolithic space creatures can disappear in a room when they are 9 feet in front of you.

2 Likes

Al, thanks for the thought. It would be superb I am sure, however my near term focus is integrated amps. The Gryphon Antileon Evo sure would be swell, but should I do it I’d need to fend off night raids from my significant other.

2 Likes

My thought as well.

1 Like

I haven’t heard them in the same room or building but within a day of listening sessions and both rooms were treated and purpose built. Speaker selection is so subjective and personal but for me the Estelon Xtremes over the Wilson AlexV is no contest. I think for a fair comparison it should be Chronosonic vs Extremes. The Wilson’s don’t hold my attention and make me want to listen more. I wish they did because the fit and finish is phenomenal but they are not for me sonically. The Estelon speakers disappeared and all I noticed was the music to the point you forget you are listening to speakers. I do have a favorite Wilson speaker tho and it’s the Sabrina X. I have not heard Chronosonics yet so the comparison to Alexx V is not fair, there is a Substantial price difference between the two.

Late edit: I should point out that the supporting electronics may of had a lot to do with what I heard.

4 Likes

thank you

I had a set of Sasha DAW’s and never did like the Wilson sound. I ran them with BHK 300’s and maybe with my Pass XA160.8’s. Don’t remember for sure.

It may have been the room or electronics but they were just plain boring and fatiguing at the same time to me.

3 Likes

Speaking of Estelon, TMR has a pre-owned Forza for only $119,999

1 Like

Apparently they were never used.

1 Like

Too much money. Can get a new pair for slightly less. Not that I have that laying around.

2 Likes

How?