FYI Update on Ol Mongo

If anybody’s interested, I’ll be competing in the Midwestaudiofest in Dayton, OH, put on by Parts Express. Don’t know if I have a chance to win, but…who knows? It’s on August 5th and 6th.

Keep rockin, and slinging solder,

Mongo

4 Likes

That sounds like great fun :star_struck:.
Good luck!

Forgive my ignorance, what is the competition?

Speaker design and building. They hold it every year, but haven’t for the last two because of Covid. I was in it once before with the JP Stacks. You can still see the video of that on Youtube. Do a search on Youtube for JP Stacks. Lots of fun, and lots of fellow geeks. The contest website is: Midwestaudiofest.com. Check it out. They let other folks come to see the contest too.

Contestingly,

Mongo

5 Likes

My latest build is called the JP Carmel Obelisks.

4 Likes

You will have to send a link or post some pics.

1 Like

It’s coming up. I am really interested in seeing some pics from @Mongo.

1 Like

The category I compete in is on Friday. Make a mad dash to Dayton…be there by 7 PM…and you could hear the JP Carmel Obelisks! Not real sure how to post pics in here. Give me a primer, and I’ll try. In some ways, I’m a bit of a Luddite. The contest has 4 categories. 3 of them are on Saturday, when they announce the winners. For anybody that is within easy driving distance of Dayton, OH, it’s a lot of fun, and you could meet your favorite smartass…ol Mongo!

Rockandrollingly,

Mongo

3 Likes

Good luck!

To post a pic from a PC, click on the icon that I highlighted and then select the photo you want to load.

From your phone select the icon I highlighted below: