Get your FREE PWT!

Mine as well. I took advantage of this deal (still on via Music Direct) to get a second Duo for my second system. I’m done as far as a DAC and transport are concerned. Just sitting bakc and loving the sound.

Reply to @ben: Yes, the PWT is one of the most reliable products we have. What problems did you encounter? Sorry to read that. It’s a great player.

I hope Ben returns. I am very curious to learn what he feels went wrong with his PWT(s).

Elk: i agree. was very surprised to read Ben’s comment. have had mine since intro in aug 2009 and never a hiccup. can’t remember even reading about a broken PWT??. mines been impressive, especially considering it hasn’t had an easy life. it’s been heavily used and hauled into friends homes/systems over a dozen time (demo’s and comparisons). have two good friend with the perfect wave pair as well and never a problem.

that being said…perfection in production is near impossible. someone has to lay and egg at some point in time and it sounds like Ben had one land on his lap. don’t think he’s implying “unfix-able” though. we know that’s near impossible…sounds more like frustration on his behalf.

on a lighter note…this deal is INCREDIBLE!!! imho. i know we’re all into streaming and such but the PWT makes leaving disc’s 100% very difficult for me. absolutely love the sound!. to this day…a well recorded 192,176 or 96 WAV file… burned onto a DVD…and played via the PWT/PWD… is the best digital i’ve EVER heard…period! i would say “best sound period” but my exposure to modern vinyl systems has been rather limited and understand a SOTA vinyl rig can sound phenominal (but i’m yet to hear it).

It is an incredible deal. :slight_smile:

The PWT appears pretty tough, with only the rare drive failure - an easy fix with a readily available stock DVD drive.

Ben’s phrase “I’ve gone through two” makes me believe the issue could not be repaired - at least on the first one.

Could also be a Troll?

Service records under the user name should tell the story.

I doubt Ben is a troll as he has been a forum member for nearly two years. Trolls are not patient beasts.

1 Like

PWT is still King, despite the hit-and-run efforts of Ben! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Paul,

I don’t like such actions (PWT for free) it gives me the feeling of cheap products.

Also it feels bad if you have already purchased this product

And what is the consequence for trade?

I am guessing troll. As I said, this is one of the least problematic products we have. Always someone in the crowd.

@elk I missed that fact. Sorry, I’ll retract. Maybe he’s just had a bad experience.

@adimon Understood. This promotion was something we just wanted to try and see what happened. It turned out well enough and got a huge number of people into the fold.

Thanks, Paul, for chiming in. I assumed it was a productive marketing effort and I personally liked the idea. Not only is it good for PSA, it is good for us users to have a larger installation base.

I can appreciate the frustration of a product dropping in price after one has bought it, it has happened to all of us. Every technology drops in price as time goes on.

i would agree with adimon IF this deal was announced back in 2009 when the PWT was released (and i got mine) or even in 2010. but we are approaching 2014 now and the thing has been out for 4+ years…virtually unchanged. plus…many early buyers like myself got 2k off the pwt/pwd by trading in some old junk…so i was very happy then…and still am now!

no hard feeling on my behalf. sell as many as you can make!

A silly thing to complain about, free PWTs. Whether someone else gets a free one or not, mine still sounds awesome! B-)

Deal is still going on at Music Direct! So glad I got a pair, having a Duo in my main and second system is like a dream!

Was wondering if anyone had had there PWT overhauled? I sent mine in for a stuck drawer and flickering screen and they indicated it was worse than that. The only reasonable option was the $750 overhaul. Mine is one from the early batches.