Good Movies

Another great South American romp.

81MFdYBJpvL.SL1500

3 Likes

Too many notes. Good film, there was a stage play done about 3 years ago at the National Theatre - it was terrible.

Two movies where you’re not quite sure what that was all about. I have a Moodysson box set for the next pandemic.

518fVhKlQ8L.AC

2 Likes

A very funny musical one about an Egyptian Police band that got on the wrong bus in Israel.

The_Band's_Visit

1 Like

I find a certain de-humanizing aspect to each of his films.

Sound track album also recommended.

Fun Fact (for me anyways) I was watching Five Easy Pieces a while ago, the final scene was driving me nuts… I’d SEEN that Gulf station; I KNEW that place…!

After much cranium probing and scanning - it FINALLY came to me. I remembered that gas station/diner and mostly that bridge from travelling down our island highway in the 70s as a kid. It is about an hour and a half south of my house on Vancouver Island. The Red Rooster diner is still there. Here’s how it looks today:
It was the single bridge that threw me, but I KNEW I’d been to that location. I still wonder how they scouted a place on Vancouver Island for one small scene… especially in the early 70s.

4 Likes

tempImageBJcwXG

Great sound tracks (from this movie)

1 Like

I cannot help but recommend this one from Archers, stunning visuals, story and performance.

2 Likes

Another Deborah Kerr movie. I probably watched this movie more than twenty times, I just love the chemistry and humor between the two.

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Pretty much all my favourite films have been mentioned (This island Earth, Forbidden Planet, Paris Texas, and several others) but I’ve not seen this one (unless I’ve already posted further up and forgotten!)

“Plenty” - Meryl Streep, Sam Neil, Charles Dance, John Gielgud, oh and also Sting and Tracy Ullman.

Most excellent and also very funny in places (quiet, understated humour).

Plenty

Edit - yep - I mentioned it in a post nearer the top :smiley:

2 Likes

Yet another stunner from the Archers.

searching for that cuckoo clock

1 Like
3 Likes

2 Likes

A fine heist film, Rififi

True. His films always gave me a disquieting feeling.

1 Like

Another heist film; not exactly Criterion material but comedic and a good look back into 1970’s NYC.
I always marveled at the bank vault door. A classic.

3 Likes