HDPLEX 200W Linear Power Supply

Good to see that someone actually received their HDPlex300.

My label was created on the 8th, picked up on the 14th and needed a new label and now on the 18th has a weather delay, I doubt that it will arrive on Monday as stated.

Its stuck in CA.

Yea it’s all upfront and understood. Much better than taking orders and tell people it will be there in a week and then delivering in months. It’s all about framing.

Who on earth would ever do such a thing to paying customers? That’s crazy! :roll_eyes:

This is my second LPS from HDPlex. I sold my first one and then decided I needed another one. Larry at HDPlex pretty much stuck to his timetable with me, unlike some other vendors that we know about. He won’t take an order if he can’t fulfill it. My shipment had it’s shipping label created and I waited for a few weeks before it started moving. FedEx themselves were less than expeditious with my order. They had it sit in their warehouse with some dumb notation that it was ahead of it shipment speed. “Ground” must mean slower than necessary!

Well, there’s Revelation Audio Labs for one . . .

Ha, so much for subtle hints

Slow pitch over the middle . . . couldn’t resist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Still waiting for mine. But Larry is making the 19v another 12V for me. Glad to hear all is performing well. What are you running with all four supplies?

iam going to try SonicOrbiter i5 and Netgear modem router on the two 12v and UltraRendu and Matrix on the selectable supplies.

What size is the Fuse need for HDPLEX 300?

The HDPlex 300W web site doesn’t have the value. I pulled the fuse and put on my magnifying headgear and it was F10A. The same as the 200W. So I just moved my ST Blue fuse over. I have EtherRegen on an adjustable rail at 7.5 V my Matrix on an adjustable rail at 7.5V and my Intel i7 NUC on 19V. The 300W is effortless and barely warm.

Thanks watchdog! I have been running Matrix at 6 and ultraRendu at 7V.

I hope running both my i5 and the router at 12 will not overtax the 300 But I do have some other 12V that work. I will experiment to find best sound.

I think that the 300W can handle all of them. The EtherRegen is a bit of a piggy for power and it pushed the 200W to a shutdown when I tried to use it simultaneously. The 300W has better architecture with more power available and keeps rails separated so it doesn’t crash the device.

This is no Hynes but I actually think it is very good. Their computer case is also very good. I have used both of these. The only draw back is that only 2 outputs are adjustable voltage. Something like the Wyred4Sound Has the option of more adjustable outputs but it is much more money.

I have just ordered HDPlex LPS 300W for Roon Nucleus + (19v) and Linksys router (12v). The current setup (incl. DS DAC) rivals my analogue setup. So, I wonder what HDPlex could add.

I love mine. @Somppsa mentioned he has a friend who likes his 300 better than the Farad. I would agree it is a big and easy sound. Hard to argue with a big transformer. The smaller caps and transformer in the Farads make for a faster sound so i would think as he said too.

Thanks for the re-assurance. Yea, I noticed it weighs the same as my DS DAC. The picture below shows a good design that takes regulation and protection seriously

Mine did not come with a AC power cord but six DC cords. I used the stock cord from one of my mono blocks I also had larry set the 19V supply to 12V. He did not remark it externally but it measured 12V.

I would suggest placing sorbothane isolation under it unless you like your bass warmer. Isolation really helps solidify and articulate bass and separate string bass from drum bass with this supply. It sounds great without but is my preference to get it solid and hard hitting.

1 Like

Bass solidification is important for timbre of classical performances. Thanks for the advice :pray:t2:

???

Six dc cords? huh,there are four outs…they played it safe. Hdplex also sounds way better with Ghent Gotham dc cables,or I like them the best over all copper or silver upocc i´ve tried. They make a big upgrade over stock strings. I`m about to order them also for my Farads. Big thumps up for Hdplex,great products.

1 Like

The package contains:
1x XLR—7.4*5.0 w/PIN Cable
2x XLR—5.5/2.5mm Connector Cable
2 x XLR—5.5/2.1mm Connector Cable
1 x 5.5/2.5 DC to 2 SATA Power Connector Cable