Headphones suddenly squealing with Sprout

Hi there. I’ve got a Sprout (original model) that I’ve been successfully using with my Focal Clear headphones for years now. The other day when I plugged the Clears in, they unleashed a very loud consistent squeal, which I cannot get rid of. Every input, volume level, etc.

Every other aspect of the Sprout works fine as ever: speaker outputs, other headphones (all I can compare to is earbuds using a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, which do not squeal). The Clears do not squeal when plugged into my Marantz AV Receiver. So it’s just the Clears with the Sprout, which as I said always sounded perfect before. Nothing else in my setup has changed.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this, and why it would come on out of nowhere? Thanks!

Welcome @rposly !

I have no idea but will be watching finding what you learn. Odd.

Sorry to hear the Sprout is doing this now. I suspect something went wrong with the headphone amp which is very rare. Only think I can think to try is to shut it off and unplug for a while. If that still doesn’t work our service team will be able to get you back up and running in no time.