I just got a Sprout today, but my excitement was pretty quickly washed away when I noticed how much noise existed out of the headphone jack. I get an audible hum coming out of my headphones at virtually every level of volume. I’ve got several big-box store receivers and they only do that when driven past reference levels.
Is this by design?
If not, here’s some info:
- I'm using low impedance headphones (Audio Technica AD900, M50x, M30x)
- Noise is present on each pair
- I've tried different power outlets with no change
- Noise occurs even when disconnected from my computer
- The pitch and volume of the noise changes as volume is increased. It gets louder and higher to about 90 degrees then gets much more quiet and very low
- I've let the unit warm up and have played a few hours of music on it
- Speakers have not been tested yet