Hi, I’m hoping there are some cleverer and more experienced forum members who can answer this question…
I’m looking to replace my Gamut D200mk3 power amp with a Karan KAS400 or KAS600, driven via balanced connectors direct from my Directstream (no preamp). What I want to know is whether the input gain on the Karan is well matched to the DS, such that I can listen at volume ranges from low to fairly high.
My Gamut has adjustable input gain between 0 db and -14 db, but the Karan doesn’t appear to have that feature. Is anyone able to tell me from the amp spec below whether or not the units are well matched from a gain perspective?
- Channel separated power supplies from a two 1200 VA toroidal power transformers
- 132.000 mikroF filter bank and four stages of stabilization
- Frequency response DC-300kHz +0,-3dB
- Signal to Noise ratio better than -112 dB
- Intermodulation distortion less than 0.03% at rated power into 8 Ohms
- Pink noise min RMS Power 420/720 W into 8/4 Ohms
- Dimensions 500x235x450 mm (19,7x9,25x13,4 inch) WxHxD
- Net weight 54 kg
- Input impedance 30 kilo Ohm on RCA as well as XLR inputs
- Gain 28 dB
- phase is not reversed when using RCA inputs