Highly recommended Audience upgrade

I’ve been using an Audience AU24SE-i MP power cable to my DSD.
I sent it in to Audience for an “upgrade” for which they charge $360.
I just plugged it in, replacing an un-upgraded version and the improvement is startling.
They reterminate with new connectors and shoot a bazillion volts thru the thing.
Just an fyi for anyone using these cables.

3 Likes

The bazillion volts thing is pretty cool. I had them upgrade an ar2p power conditioner last year at their shop, and checked out their zapper device after the job was completed.

2 Likes

A bazillion, eh?

Jeepers, that’s a lot of volts Wally.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Whenever I touch the cable, my hair goes straight up.

1 Like

That’s enough to send you “Back To The Future”! :grin:

2 Likes

Synergistic Research does the same thing to their cables. Must be something to it, because their entry level Foundation cables sound better than anything I’ve previously had in my system.
Have an Audience power conditioner that I believe I can send in for the same treatment.

1 Like

I upgraded my base a2rp last year. I wanted to upgrade the receptacle for one that held the plug better. Took them about an hour to complete the upgrade. I only live about an hour away, so I just dropped it off and waited for it.

@Gary_M

1 Like

I am a new fan of Audience products. I had a chance to buy some Audience cables from a friend who moved to some other, crazy expensive cables. (Kubala Sosna)
My power amp has heretofore only been minimally effected by high end power cables. But when I powered it up with an Audience AU24SX, the improvement was startling. The most pronounced improvement is in soundstage depth. It’s something that everyone who listens can easily hear.
The Front Row speaker cables are also a component level improvement in every way.
I don’t know what they do, but they’re doing it very well. I can’t live without these cables.
Oh by the way----one of the power cables that I bought used had a kink in it. My friend told me that he stepped down hard on it but it still worked fine. But Audience repaired it -two years later–after i bought it used–for free–under warranty. Nice.

5 Likes

You should vist thecableco.com website. They have some Audience show demos from time to time at nice discounts.

1 Like

I had one a hidden treasure it was a version 1 - they are now on v2 - ended up damaging the audience cable plugs strip the top of the plug - great customer service from both Audience and Cable Co they replaced the damaged plugs without cost. They offered to replace the Hidden treasure but i changes my path and went to a furutech extreme which was an improvement Furutech Extreme Outlet Special Offer The other thing i have noticed with the audience power cords and i think there has been chatter previously they come in LP/MP/HP and in theory a LP will drive the DSD but in placing the HP version in its an improvement on the LP version… Power and grounding just doesn’t make sense sometimes