Horribly loud noise occasionally from the DS when changing tracks on PWT.

Sounds similar to white noise, very loud. Happens only when playing hi res DVDs on the PWT.

It occurs when a new track is selected but only once in a while.

After the second time it happened on its own I was able to duplicate it.

With the volume set very low I played a hi res DVD and just hit the skip button over and over till it happened. I would estimate it occurred about 2% of the time.

What do we think is causing this?

I’ve seen that rarely if you change tracks multiple times quickly - and never if I don’t. I have an older PWT for debugging and don’t know if it’s typical.

I assume this a DVD to which you burned high resolution files. It may because the files are on the disk as data files, without Redbook or other media book formatting.

Yes, they are high resolution files that the noise happens with.

44.1/16 wav files burned to a DVD have never had this noise problem.

Hmm . . .

This invalidates my theory it is a function of data files rather than a audio format disk.

I fortunately have not experienced this problem with the disks I have burned.

In my situation there is also occasionally a noise at the end of a track!?
I can not reproduce this.

Tonight i heard this noise twice on the end of a track (during playing one album).

I’m using the DS via bridge not the PWT!

NAS with the latest minimserver and iPad controlled MConnectHD

DS sw version 1.1.7

adimon said In my situation there is also occasionally a noise at the end of a track!? I can not reproduce this.

Tonight i heard this noise twice on the end of a track (during playing one album).

I’m using the DS via bridge not the PWT!

NAS with the latest minimserver and iPad controlled MConnectHD

DS sw version 1.1.7

Were the files .wav files? The Bridge cannot handle wav files with embedded meta data/cover art.

Dennis

Thx Dennis,

Yes i think they were wav files.

But i thought it is not possible that the wav files have embedded meta data/ cover art?

If so what todo to remove this data?

There is no “standard” tagging for WAV files. If you don’t want to use FLAC you might convert them to AIFF. WAV and AIFF are very similar (same data, different headers). I play tagged AIFF files up to 192/24 over the Bridge with no problem.

adimon said Thx Dennis,

Yes i think they were wav files.

But i thought it is not possible that the wav files have embedded meta data/ cover art?

If so what todo to remove this data?

Yes several rippers do embed metadata in wav files, including dbpower amp. As to how to get them out, I don’t know.

Dennis

You could also convert them to FLAC with the zero (0) compression setting if you want tagged files without any (lossless) compression.

Converting wav to aiff files by using dbpoweramp seems to solve the problem!

Also ID3 tag editor to update picture art solve the problem of not showing cover art on the DS

thx again