How to build a Great Interconnect

Hi Wijnand,

thank you for your great support, it works much easier with your informations…

As we have seen at last weekend it sounds superbly with the new cables.

I enjoyed the experience in producing the cables and are impressed about the results!

Hi Sascha,

You are welcome and thank you for the effort to build these cables. The cable’s will take the system to unknown high levels in just a few hundred hours.

Hope to see you again in June!

Regards,

Wijnand

Highly recommend!

Grab your chance and try to build one of these cables to convince yourselves.

As I earlier stated that the top Kimbers and Expensive Audioquest cables were beaten.

This week even the Nordost Odin loudspeaker cables and the Valhalla interconnects were clearly beaten.

Here’s the new powercord. It is connected to my AV-Streamer, the sound improved dramatically. The best powercord I have ever owned.

Again the high purity extruded copper with teflon coating was used. Total price of material 900€, which is actualy a bargain.

Enjoy the pictures

WP_20150717_001.jpgWP_20150717_004.jpgWP_20150717_005.jpgWP_20150717_006.jpgWP_20150717_009.jpgWP_20150717_010.jpgWP_20150717_013.jpgWP_20150717_015.jpgWP_20150717_019.jpgWP_20150717_021.jpg

Or maybe with Oyaide!

WP_20150718_011.jpg

wijnand said Here's the new powercord. It is connected to my AV-Streamer, the sound improved dramatically. The best powercord I have ever owned.

Again the high purity extruded copper with teflon coating was used. Total price of material 900€, which is actualy a bargain.

So, what did you use? What for cable is in the center? Is it shielded as well? How are the grounds connected?

Hi Alekz

See the sixth picture from the top. You can see the shealding and the copper wire. The shealding is connected only on one side of the cable. Alway’s the source side. In this case the source of the powersupply is the wall outlet. The groundwire is a 5.3mm2 high purity copper wire teflon coated.

With this cabling you can setup a complete audio system and with every cable you will notice it’s really the top. I mean I have replaced all my interconnects, loudspeaker cabling, suboofer cabling, I2S cable and now all the powercables. Every time it was precise wat the system needed. Never to much high’s or low’s alway’s in perfect balance. The control in the complete frequency spectrum is marvellous. I even think it is important for an audio system to use one type of cabling (less is more). This because all different types of cabling are good in something and less good in something else. When a cable is less good in something you can never completely correct it with another cable.

With my old cabling for example my Kimber or Audioquest cabling I tweaked my system in a certain way (better high frequencies for example). When tweaking this way you alway’s loose something on the other end (less control in low frequencies for example)

All cabling is Pink Faun!