How to check regenerator is working?

Please let us know if you figure it out.

Not trouble - fun! A lot of us got an “extra hour” this morning.

1 Like

I use MW 4 also.
I’ve come to the conclusion that 4, and -2 on Phase Tuning, on my P15 gives me the best sound and “Improvement Factor”.
Don’t know if it’s that important to have as good/high “Improvement Factor” as possible but it’s at least one thing less to worry about.

1 Like

Us poor P3/SP3 owners have no MW setting options - it’s either on or off.

Nordic, if the P3 has a clean function I think you should run it with the amps switched on for, say, 5 minutes (i.e. five long cleans). I’ve a theory (only recently formed) that if amps are not producing relatively full range frequencies, something, e.g. gaussing, happens which, over time, affects the sound. Try it, I actually need to do a couple of long cleans every hour to two hours. I too am in a high voltage country (240v typical).

True. Best part about it though is the strength of MW on the P3 is about the equivalent of strength 4 on the 12, 15, and 20.

As mentioned, P3 only has on/off for multi wave.
I did degaussing, short and long, I don’t think it made any difference. Still not any wiser. The P3 hissing sound is back though as it was before.

Noticed a little, that recorded vocals were right in the center before and now they consistently have shifted a little to left, as if one channel is a little louder. I’d say it doesn’t sound as if PP has anything to do with it. Because speakers are tri-wireable and system is tri amped, it makes it a lot more difficult to troubleshoot.

Problem found. Thanks very much to those who spent time replying.
Issue was with the valve preamp. I wanted to check batteries that provide clean DC to valves’ grids, but they all checked out. I use silicone rings on top of tubes, which, I find, tighten up a little the bottom end and extend some areas in the frequency range, which I find enrich listening experience. On one channel it has split (from heat I guess) causing the imbalance I could hear with vocals. These are not fancy silicone rings, they are just equal cutouts from a silicone hose, which I have plenty :slight_smile: Phew. It’s all back to normal now.

1 Like

An excellent set of ears you have

I second what Elk said. Outstanding ability to listen to detail! Thanks for keeping us posted with the solution.

Nordic, now that you have the system back, I suggest you do a five minute clean and then compare multi v sine and let me/us know whether/what the difference is.

Doubt I have good ears, critical maybe, just enjoy listening or not, my girlfriend can tell the difference too if I tell what and when to focus on.

P3 long degauss function, I think, only lasts 1 minute. To be honest, I’ve never heard any difference after, even during the procedure. If I recall older times, when degaussing objects, like CRT screens, strong alternating field had to be created around the object, wonder how it works on Power Plants? Can you hear the difference?

I prefer Multi on my system, it gives subtle boost to upper midrange, where my system or/and acoustics may have some dip in the frequency range - just sounds a little dark in that area and Multi flattens it without exaggerating anything.

Thank you!

1 Like

I just run the one minute clean five times.