How to Control Tv or Music remotely for Elderly Family?

Will keep in touch when I find out her next spots configuration.

2 Likes

So through a variety of trial and error I have come to a dual solution. I have an integrated amplifier that is fed by an EverSolo DMP and a cheap $15 5 CD player from Sony. I load up a large playlist on tidal on repeat in the Eversolo and similar oriented CDS in the player. The staff at the elderly resort now only needs to turn the volume nob up or down and the have one input switch to deal with. A person with Alzheimerā€™s actually likes hearing similar songsa. A 4 hour playlist is sufficient.

5 Likes

A guy I work with has, last count, something like six songs on his laptop that he listens to over and over and over again all day long on a laptop speaker. Maybe three Journey songs, Iā€™m Your Captain, Stairway to Heaven and one other Zep song that eludes me right now. And not good Journey songs, either. Some days Iā€™m glad that my office is in a low floor so I donā€™t take a flying leap.

1 Like

Assuming you just need a way to remotely send remote IR command to your devices (TV, stereo, etcā€¦). I would recommend this:

MOES WiFi RF/IR Smart Home Universal Remote Controller for TV Air Conditioning Infrared RF Appliances, Control AC TV DVD CD AUD SAT, Tuya/Smart Life App Control, Voice Control with Alexa

I used it to control my air filter. Programming it to turn on late night after my listening session to keep my listening room dust free.

Good luck! Let us know when you ultimately come up with

1 Like