I2S / Coaxial Connections Dilemma

HiFi plus on Tidal. Setting are all set for plus.

1 Like

That is very interesting @Walido ! I have been using Quobuz high res. And @67Checker, I can actually force the DMP-A6 to only output 192k. I had previously tried that as a test.

Guess I need to try MQA on Tidal as test.

I keep thinking my Strata is “stuck” on 44.1 via COAX for some reason.

Don’t forget to check your cable! I am using Audioquest Forrest 0.75 m.

Hi, great to hear you’re enjoying the AirLens :slight_smile:

I loved your take on how the AirLens does bass better, which is my experience too!

I’ve found the AirLens to sound great via both I2S or coaxial. I expected I2S would wipe the floor, so to speak, over coaxial, but that hasn’t been my experience. Instead, I’ve found a SoTM coaxial digital cable has brought out the best of the AirLens and DS2 in my system, compared to I2S via silver or copper based HDMIs.

I don’t quite get why given the inherent advantages of I2S!

Bit of a bummer the Strata doesn’t allow DSD over coax. That brings a tough choice and @carbonF1’s advice sounds right; maybe your choice might go to how much you listen to DSD v FLAC and your favourite cable goes to source of the most listened one?

To me, a less accentuated selling point of the DS2/AirLens is the ability to do DSD128 over coax and with it, you’re not constrained by cable format unless you greatly desire DSD256, which requires I2S.

Happy listening!!