I2S connection inferior to XLR?

It won’t let me edit my post, but the icon under the gear icon

Aha, I have this!

How can this be fixed???

Pin 15 on the hdmi cable needs to be covered up, let me see if I can find that thread

Used a thin piece of electrical tape. Can be done at either end of the cable

See the post under the one I linked for the pin map

This edit bug is killing me. It keeps saying my post is to similar…

I have no idea how to cover pin 15 (((

I would cut a thin strip of electrical tape and use an exacto knife to tuck it inside. If you check out the link and the post below in the link it gives a diagram of the pins.

If you have a hard time with this, pm me and maybe you can send me an hdmi cable and I can cover it and send it back. Keep in mind if you unplug and replug the hdmi it can come off.

I have wondered if something like nail polish with applied with a truly tiny bristle could also cover it more permanently

1 Like

Is there another solution? Maybe ordering a cable with p15 defeated?

I am pissed off because my transport is described as having I2S output in ”PS Audio format”.

1 Like

I totally feel your frustration, it would be also great if the DS could turn it off, but Ted says that’s not his part of the code.

Not sure, maybe some other folks may have an idea

You could try these, one requires soldering and one doesn’t

HDMI Adapter signals Terminal Breakout Metal Cover Terminal Breakout Board Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAIE2E7/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_1dCICbKPWMG88

HDMI Adapter signals Terminal Breakout Plastic Cover Terminal Breakout Board Conne… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1RJ9YS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_qfCICbW1FH0SQ

That’s way too fine of work for an old fart like me. Any simple converter plug available?

I really looked hard for one and can’t find any. The simplest one would be the connector from amazon that doesn’t require soldering. It would be the case of cutting off one end of an hdmi and then proabably using a multimeter to identify the different wires and attach them to the block one by one except for 15

Or convince PS audio to make the pre-emphasis defeatable! That would be awesome!

Even if the software was modified to give one a manual control over the De-emphasis flag that may not help as the lead being conditioned to on may over ride the manual input. I would contact the manufacturer of your transport to see if they have an answer.

@maxim

Are you using that cheap Chinese HDMI to I2S board to get your I2S output? Because there is a simple fix for the de-emphasis issue on that card.

I have no idea what kind of board it is, but this is how it looks.

I2S%20chip

Unfortunately that is not the Chinese board which some of us are using. So it appears to me like whatever misinformation that the engineers were under about pin 15 at that company has spread to other manufacturers now…

However that DIP switch offers some genuine hope that it might be possible to reconfigure your output connection with just a flip of a switch. But without a key for which switches switch-on/off which pins, one is shooting in the dark here.

Do you have any sort of key which identifies the function of each of those dip switches? If not, can you get the manufacturer to provide you with one?

Yes, I am talking to the manufacturer of the transport.

Here is the key

If this is the curcuit matching the PCB shown in the photo, the DIP switches only change the polarity of DATA and LRCLK onthe HDMI connector. If configured correctly…

Maxim-

I have the CDT2-MKII and encountered the same issue with the DS Sr using IS2. No issue with coax. I really would like to get the CDT2-MKII to work properly with the DS Sr.

It would be a service to us if you would please share what you learn from Jay’s Audio.

Raymond,

Will do, I am waiting for Jay’s Audio response.

I wish though that you posted about your experience with CDT2; I would not have bought it if I knew I2S was not working.

m