Just checked back. The sentence is in.

2 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the article! I rarely look for articles/information on musicians I like and this forum has made it easy for me. I have been a fan of William Orbit’s own music for a long time, I’m embarrassed to say one of his early tracks, Via Caliente (from Strange Cargo) was used on the Local Forecast on the Weather Channel here in the US back in the late 80’s. I really liked it and it took a while to figure out who it was. I’ve since bought all of his own CD’s, and what I could find of the Torch Song and Bassomatic CD’s. Glad to hear new music is coming soon and it will be interesting to see where he goes. I should add that I read years ago that he got the nickname “Orbit” (not his real name) because in primary school he was already spaced out …

1 Like

i get an email every week from the Guardian with music related articles, saves trawling through the paper :slight_smile:

1 Like

A nice piece on sequencing in the streaming era. It would be wonderful if Adele, or another artist with her stature, could start a movement about the DRC on the digital versions of her albums.

2 Likes

FYI A couple of pop up ads while reading on my phone.

1 Like

Adele is absolutely correct; tracks on an album should never be shuffled and albums should be played from beginning to end. And without any sort of volume equalizing.

I have never understood he appeal of shuffle play or pulling out single tracks to listen to as bleeding chunks.

6 Likes

So annoying…

I’m with you, and always listen to albums with the rare exceptions of showing off the system or evaluating some system parameter with individual tracks. I don’t even typically listen to best of albums.

Elk, you’ll get a kick then, in a cross-thread sorta way, that I’ve done a number of lovingly and painstakingly sequenced Holiday music CDs in the past to give out as Christmas Cards. One time a while back, one of my brothers I don’t see often told me how much he enjoyed them. So much so in fact, that he puts "all of them in his CD changer on shuffle":roll_eyes:

3 Likes

RIP Slide Hampton

3 Likes
2 Likes

This is for the “humour” thread! :grin:

1 Like