Interesting Articles

1 Like

:pensive:

5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

Interesting indeed. Thanks.

1 Like

Some years ago, I came across an original pressing of Switched on Bac.h I still own it.
It’s still as entertaining to me as it was when I first heard it as a kid. Her work in “A Clockwork Orange”, to me, was a very important factor in that movie’s overall tone and success.
I was fortunate enough to see her at an AES symposium back in the 1980’s, along with Todd Rundgren. Interesting and heady days back then in the burgeoning electronic music genre.

1 Like

i had a similar “discovery” aged about 14 with Sonic Seasonings which i also still have :slight_smile:

i just wish Delia Derbyshire had been given the same recognition when she was alive

1 Like
4 Likes

Interesting read; especially the bit regarding Delia Derbyshire and the Beatles.
Very curious to know what McCartney would wanted for the background on “Yesterday”.
Marc Bolan listening at the keyhole was a funny thing to envision also!

1 Like

Way cool. Internet version of the pre-digital days when we used to loop the tape around a mic stand to get a long delay. Did it with both audio and video tape (reel to reel, of course).

1 Like

When still working, I was regularly on conference calls etc. It was easy to set it up to create an echo machine (with a delay of around 700 ms) and do a bit of (hugely amateurish) “beatboxing” into it - though my boss was not impressed.
Working in electronics with a bunch of sig gens and frequency dividers etc. used to fun too :slight_smile:

1 Like

You want Bass, I mean real Bass? How about the Lowest frequency sound in the universe?

3 Likes

My favorite part, “The Perseus black hole’s sound waves have a frequency of 10 million years.”

Is that what it took them to reach earth?

An exercise for those who like such things; calculate the woofer cone diameter needed for effective reproduction. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like