Interesting Articles

1 Like

Back when I lived in the Chicago area and was active in NARAS, we had a meeting where Elliot Scheiner came with an Acura TL (I think it was) which featured his then-new surround system. Still have the DVD-audio surround demo disc that was handed out, which has some nice tracks on it.
2 Likes

How did the Acura system sound? I never got to hear one myself. I knew a friend of a friend that owned one, but he had no interest in DVD-Audio.

Well, it was very cool. Only sat in it in a garage and listened, but it was AFAIK the first real, high-res surround system in a car. Or in a mass-production car at least. And this was the guy who mixed my then-fave Beck album, a track from which was on the demo disc. Not to mention all of the other great work he’s done.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Interesting indeed. I had not heard of her.

Neither did I

i’ll be giving that a listen when it is broadcast :slight_smile:
there is a growing movement in the uk to break up, “defund”, and otherwise meddle with the BBC, i sincerely hope it fails.

2 Likes

I also hope it fails. I enjoy the programs I hear from the BBC here in the States and like the way it is funded.

3 Likes

Speaking of cool stuff on the Beeb -

this is available now (and probably for 28 days, maybe much longer)

1 Like

Happy feast day of St. Cecilia!

5 Likes

This forum is a never ending supply of interesting trivia - musical and otherwise.

4 Likes

Something which never occurred to me:

4 Likes

data centres in general have set us back years in terms of electricity usage, though some of the newer ones are pretty “green”, but the manufacturing processes for servers can be pretty polluting as well :confused:

1 Like
2 Likes

So that’s where I left my Maggie Panel! All those years and it finally turns up!

1 Like

7 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like