Interesting Articles

:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Stoned Age: Native American art confirms hallucinogenic drug use

2 Likes

Reminds me of the series by Carlos Cataneda, A Yaqi Way of Life.

1 Like

Fascinating but quite long and a bit on the pessimistic side of things.

2 Likes

How’s that for a connected home! AWS is down and your doorbell, christmas lights and vacuum cleaner stop working.

https://eminetra.com.au/people-cant-vacuum-or-use-their-doorbell-because-amazons-cloud-servers-are-down/74505/

2 Likes

A few days ago I posted a link in the “quotes” thread along with a quote
(“We have too many “elites.” History shows this rarely ends well.”) that was immediately puffed. I presume because it was perceived to have political overtones not in character with the thread.

FWIW, the work of Professor Turchin that this article explores was a fundamental topic of the article I linked to - although that author was attempting to connect the dots to economic implications.

This really has nothing to do with politics and is a serious look at generational dynamics. “The Fourth Turning” by Neil Howe and William Strauss arrived at very similar conclusions about the trajectory our society when it was published in 1997. It was not jolly reading, either, but the predictive accuracy of the “Turning” is undeniable.

Both are compelling reads.

1 Like

I missed that post. Sorry about that.

Edit: This is a sensitive topic but an interesting one. Maybe a forum kindly made available by PS Audio is not the right one to discuss it.

2 Likes

Let’s please stop here. Thanks.

1 Like

Here is an interesting follow up article on Tears for Fears:

3 Likes

I can’t believe no one has said it. Flying a helicopter while counting sheep???*
Really, is that safe?

1 Like
1 Like

Cool story about the making of 10cc - I’m Not In Love… Ooooh Aaaah
I can watch song & album & music documentaries all day…

• Muscle Shoals
  • Sound City
  • Hired Gun
  • Searching For Sugar Man
  • All things Must Pass - The Rise & Fall Of Tower Records - (great for those of us who spent countless time flipping thru EVERY record in the store)
  • The Last Play At Shea
  • Inventing David Geffen
  • The Classic Albums Series
    If you know of any others - lemme know!!
4 Likes
1 Like

I hope we catch the follow-up article to find out what they conclude.

Even with a large number of participants these studies are difficult as there remain so many uncontrolled variables. Both the concert going group and the control group will go off and do a myriad of different things.

2 Likes

Interesting article, I could draw some parallels with Nat King Cole’s life.

Yes, indeed.