Interesting Articles

RIP Jim Gordon

1 Like
3 Likes

Why examine percentages rather than merit? If all you care about is affirmative action, perhaps a perspective adjustment is called for. How many women were in The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks, The Pink Floyd, The Police, Dire Straits? How many women were Elvis Presley, Fats Domino, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry? If we loosen up the definition of rock and roll, how many women were Beach Boys, Four Seasons? The Guess Who. All nonsense.

Fair point…

From whichever perspective one might look at it, we now know why only 8% of inductees are women.

This fits under general awareness! I struggled to place it! Forgive me.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I just came here to post this.

Interesting article about someone I’d not heard of before :slight_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes

I’m fascinated by time, history, and the places associated with them. By their very nature, cities tend to be aggregates of such things. This is an interesting article about a very nondescript building with a long history (by NY standards) that has links to so many cultural eras, as aptly described by the author. Plus, it’s around the block from me and I had no idea about it’s pedigree.

2 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes

Ok…it was down to posting either a very troubling article about NASA having to defund several very important science missions, or this gem:

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hopefully he keeps at it and possibly follows up with a 6922/6DJ8 tube as well. Having tried a pair Slovenian JJ 6DJ8 from Tube Depot when I first re-tubed my Audible Illusions Modulus 3 preamp all can say is they didn’t sound anywhere near as good as the Ediswans that replaced them. Just my opinion.

1 Like
1 Like

Wild.

4 Likes

Al’s college system or is it his back-up. I am confused.

2 Likes

eat broccoli