Is my system (practically) RFI-proof?

Everything is connected to a power strip with 60dB RF attenuation.
Signal chain w/ components:
Computer via AQ Cinnamon USB to Schiit Eitr USB-coax converter (uses isolation transformers), via AQ Coax to DAC, then via AQ Red River XLRs to monitors. Both the monitors and DAC have quality power cords, the one for DAC being especially designed for digital components.

Is there still a way for RFI to enter the system in an audible scale?

I’d guess it’s pretty RFI proof, I don’t live near any large antennae.

Does the power strip include component to component isolation, i.e. noise coming back into the power strip from one component and going into others?

I’m not sure but have certainly not had any noise issues.
It includes surge protection, some attenuation of mains grid swings, Ethernet and antenna pass-throughs, detection of ground… I don’t quite know if I should expect it to include component to component isolation.

Yes, HFI/RFI noise entering components and especially cabling, also affecting the whole room is a main issue at least in highly performing setups. It strongly but not only affects 3D holographic palpable imaging, air between instruments etc. Your setup will be transformed in this regard if you take measures.

No filter, no regenerator will help this, as those units are affected by it themselves and after their point of delivery of filtered or regenerated power, the whole chain will be immediately affected by HFI/RFI again. Cabling being only one big part of it, acting as antennas.

A fascinating observation is, how you can influence the spreading/shrinking/positioning of a soundstage with room noise cancelling devices.

This is a link if you’re interested in solutions. I’m not deep into the technology but I know it works and is essential especially in top setups.

I really do wonder how much EMF/RFI is picked up by cabling and components. Why don’t they all have Faraday cages? Partly by accident, partly by design, my system has a total of 5m of cabling from modem to speakers. 2m is ethernet (is that affected at all?) and 3m is speaker cables specifically designed to protect against RFI:
"Townshend Isolda DCT Speaker Cable use very closely spaced insulated flat copper conductors in a polyester braid sheath. Unlike the majority of speaker cables this cable’s close spacing means it is virtually immune to RFI (radio frequency interference) and presents an impedance which closely matches that of the loudspeaker. "

The audio system is sealed in an airtight solid copper and alloy chassis about 4mm thick.

If EMF/RFI is such a problem, why do high end systems involve so much cabling and additional boxes if they are doing harm as well as good?

I think hardly anyone is aware of those problems or their extent or solutions for it yet.

It’s like with Jitter. First you have to be aware it exists and which role it plays, then you have to decide to participate in that field and find measures against the problem. Manufacturers just talk about it after all of it was solved by themselves.

Alternatively: those who talk about it just invented a problem to sell snake oil. Not here I can tell you. But the effect certainly strongly magnifies, the better the setup. That’s usually nothing to apply in a small setup with speakers standing at the wall. You wouldn’t do it from a cost relation point of view anyway. There are enough folks who don’t even believe in the importance of cabling or similar, one can just mention such things in a forum where at least 50% might think differently and maybe 20-30% have strongly optimized setups. Strange that it is so hard to convince folks of the importance of listening results vs. measurements or cabling etc. as it seems so easy nowadays to even win people for weired conspiracy theories from political side :wink:

“Schnerzinger”

I’ll read about it, but Schnerzinger is generally so esoteric that I’ll have to think which part is 100% true. They do not have room-temperature superconducting cables, that’s just too much.

I understand this. Everything we can’t see, touch, feel, immediately comprehend is difficult to believe. Think about radioactivity or x-ray and how long the world suppressed the negative effect on humans. Think of why you believe Jitter exists.

Their approach at least is highly scientific, not esoteric, but the topic seems esoteric because we can’t catch and fix it as we can with adding a subwoofer.

I think the case with Schnerzinger is a bit more biased than how radioactivity or jitter work.
Their marketing text is just very heavy, that’s what I’d say, but really if they have scientific results posted about their cables, great. Will have to delve deeper into these cables.

Yes, marketing put aside, what they seem to do is technically/actively cancel out or heat/light transform all the RFI/HFI noise around everywhere and entering the equipment. No hocus pocus like some might’ve it when putting a fancy passive block on top of something in my eyes.Thsts what I mean with scientific approach (independent of they publish it in detail or not)…well, but even a stone put in a corner could be a scientific approach :wink:

I guess they aren’t exactly affordable.
Anyway, would love to see some published research, it’s just that obviously many companies don’t want to share it and guard it like Tesla’s documents.