Is Synergistic Research pulling our legs?

Excellent point RonP…there have been a few posters that don’t
populate their profile with their gear…and then pontificate
ad infinitum…

Thanks RonP

1 Like

A simple patent not only protects your knowledge but shows off your technical prowess. The latter goes a long way with the sales dept.

“Just trust me on this” is how most cons begin.

1 Like

These guys that post on Youtube never cease to amaze me. So we’re actually supposed to be able to hear exactly what sound his power cord imparts on his system from a Youtube video…ha ha.

3 Likes

If you’re a regular listener, and you use headphones and a good system, you can often times hear differences. Is it perfect, or the same as listening in person, no, not even close.

1 Like

Interesting, I did not expect one would hear any difference.

Do you hear anything meaningful, or is it just different?

I was quite surprised that you can in fact hear meaningful differences when new gear is being introduced. You’re definitely not hearing how the system actually sounds, but useful and meaningful differences are evident.

1 Like

SR will be at Axpona I look forward to the witchcraft!

4 Likes

I really would love love love an explanation of what “quantum tunneling” is.

1 Like

Enjoy the show, wish I could’ve attended. It’s been far too long since I’ve been to an audio show. Bummed that RMAF is no longer.

My awesome sounding Klee Acoustics loudspeaker cables invented by Larry Forbes are patented… I respect inventors who lay bare their work! Nothing to hide…

Hear you go. Everything clear now?

1 Like

negatory
but thanks
I thought it might have to do with gophers, but how would that make sense?

2 Likes

Clear as mud! :rofl:

Quantum tunnelling refers to the statistical probability that a particle will appear on the opposite side of what is assumed to be a barrier. Imagine a barrier at point X, imagine the probability wave of the particle extending past the barrier, even if exceedingly unlikely the particle may appear where the probability lies beyond the barrier. When this occurs the particle has tunnelled through the barrier. It is not easy to explain without being able to draw the wave but hopefully that is of some help.

3 Likes

If SR had any clue about quantum tunneling, they wouldn’t be in the speaker wire business. There’s only several zillion dollars more they could be earning by doing something else. Which one of them is the quantum physicist again?

2 Likes

Thanks. I googled it when I first read their claim. But how it relates to their cable technology is and I think always will be a mystery.

1 Like

I don’t know what they claim but I am at a loss as to how this effect would manifest in a macro structure like a wire or cable and how they would manipulate it to do something in such a structure that would have an effect.

2 Likes

Totally agree, but I find it entertaining.
And sometimes I recognize a brand’s signature in those videos.

No need to regard it as mystery… It’s just marketing.
Today, I don’t think even NASA could employ quantum tunneling in a cable. Well, they might, but with such funding.

2 Likes

Let me first say, that maybe it is just me. I sat through a Synergistic demo show casing a few of their products. The demonstrator used the same track to A-B their various devices. On or off. After every trial he always asked the crowd :“did you hear the difference?” Several members in the audience enthusiastically noded their head in the affirmative. Honestly, for me, sometimes yes and sometimes no. Sometimes there was a subtle difference. Better? I don’t know. Would I spent a lot of money to achieve what I supposedly heard. Nope.

2 Likes