It Works ! - Sony UBP-X1000ES HDMI "Audio" output to Chinese I2S Adapter Board to DS Sr. I2S Input

Exact same setup. Don’t even worry about the 5V disabling either. Simply plug in the “BigBoard” into the HDMI “Audio Only” and keep your regular Video HDMI connected to your AVR/TV Set so you can see watch/stream content. From the 6 Pin I2S Out of the big board, wire it to the 6 pins of the I2S in of the “Little Board” and make sure you do the pin swap for the L & R channels. It was super easy and not too much of a “Klugdefest” going on behind the Player. I masked pin 15 and the Sony no likey.

Get this to interconnect the “big Board” to your Sony X800

No need for a Disc Transport since the X800/X100ES does the job and quite well to my ears. Now you can Stream Netflix/Amazon/Hulu in Stereo via the DSD Sr. Overkill but it’a becasue we can…LOL.

I also use the onboard DLNA/Windows Media Player USB’d to my HTPC/Music Server to access all my PCM files, Concerts, Movies, etc via the Ethernet connector. DSD files are via USB (Audirvana) , SACD discs, or the USB ports of either my Sony X1000 or my Sony STR-DN1080

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like