jRiver 19.0.17 is available for down load now

Has anyone who had SQ issues after 18.194 confirmed that the SQ degrade has been fixed in version 19.027?

I was running 18.0.194. After updating to 19.0.27 (& .28) I noticed no change in SQ.

Rossop,

Did you enable the new memory playback feature? I’m also running Wavestream. The things I hear are a wide open 3d soundstage, excellent timbre, dynamics, openness, to name a few observations. I used .194 as well and I just find 19.0.27 just better. We’ll see I guess what others think.

Steven B-)

Rossop,
Did you enable the new memory playback feature? I'm also running Wavestream. The things I hear are a wide open 3d soundstage, excellent timbre, dynamics, openness, to name a few observations. I used .194 as well and I just find 19.0.27 just better. We'll see I guess what others think.
Steven B-)

Hey Steven.. I stream (via PLCs) from my PC using JRMC as a DLNA server so the feature you speak of is not available. I can only use it when I playback with my PC system.

Never assume. I assume you have all received the following email from JRMC:

"Good day,

Thanks again for your purchase of JRiver Media Center 19. You can now download an early copy. You can find it at the top of the MC19 board:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=32.0

Questions or problems:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82730.0

We’ve just begun MC19, so look for many more improvements this year.

You can download and install future build of MC19 at no charge.

Regards,

JRiver"

I only add the direct link to the JRMC 19 Forum:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82819.0

Christopher

Just took the plunge and installed 19.0.29- all seems fine, the only issue, which really wasn’t one, is that it seems to have inherited all my settings from 18 on my test server (running win 8) but missed some on my client (win 7.) No biggie. Looking for the new features now…

I have been updating JRMC since build 15. From 17 on there are all the features I need to stream to the Bridge. I just love the program so I don’t mind paying to upgrade. I’m now on 19.0.29. It is said it may be unstable but it’s fine in my system. In the beginning it took ages for me to learn its operation but it was worth it.

Initially there were only a few of us using JRMC but since PSA got behind it and JR introduced a MAC version it seems that most of us are now using it.

JRMC 19 for streaming & JRemote as a controller cannot be beat IMO.

I haven’t sat down for quite a while for a listening session, as the summer has been good here I did purchase MC19 loaded it up today that is the latest version had a listen for a while. Upon selecting the first track and listening I went over to check my settings on the dac , setting on nativeX, I listened to some of my other favorite tracks and did not like the sound of 19. Music sounds all round muffled compared to MC18. I reloaded 18 and the music has way more openness. On 19 the music sounded like I was on native. So for now I’m sticking with 18, until the sound quality improves with 19. Anyone else have thoughts?

i’M ON jr mAC BUT EVERYTHING AFTER VER194 [18] DID NOT SOUND GOOD TO ME EITHER.

sTEVE r SAID HE NOTICED THE SAME ON pc BUT HE FELT IT IS BACK TO “NORMAL” WITH VER 19 pc.

I’M sticking with 194 for now.

keyboard sticking too. I’m saving up for a new one. :smiley:

This is a machine I use only for photo editing.

hey it kicked back to normal again???

i'M ON jr mAC BUT EVERYTHING AFTER VER194 [18] DID NOT SOUND GOOD TO ME EITHER.
sTEVE r SAID HE NOTICED THE SAME ON pc BUT HE FELT IT IS BACK TO "NORMAL" WITH VER 19 pc.
I'M sticking with 194 for now.
keyboard sticking too. I'm saving up for a new one. :D
This is a machine I use only for photo editing.
hey it kicked back to normal again????

I just got a new keyboard with backlit keys. Cost about $AUS 40. I know it's a lot of dough but I just love to spoil myself! :D

@rossop =))

@rossop 100% agreement! Christopher

Women like to spoil themselves too.

I have always wondered why they like the tune 'Its raining men’

Is it because they like to see us splattered on the pavement - or is it in fact because they like to clean up?

@Gordon… I’ll have to check which version of JR 18 I am using… If its not version 194, where would I find a download for that version of 18 (194)?

here ya go.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81133.0

@timequest What Gordon said & you can go to Help> Update channels>Download to keep & Open download folder. You may find it there.

@rossop I did not know this option. Is this a preferable way of updating JRMC?

At this stage of JRMC 19 development, to get updates automatically I read that you have to select “Latest (may be less stable)”. Normally, I use Stable. Christopher

@birddogthecat Auto Update is the way to go IMO. I normally go stable too. However, Im on .29 & I don’t have any problems. The Auto update will not work (if you selected stable) until the build becomes a stable version. and a newer stable version comes along. Also, unless you want to stay on a particular version, don’t disable Automatic Update. I still have 18.0.94 on my pc, so I disabled auto update because I like the sound of it. I like the sound of all the 19 versions I have tried as well.

How can I verify which version of JR-18 I have loaded? I tried right-clicking on the JR icon and looking under properties, but all it lists is “version 18.”

Hi Ben

Go to help (drop down menu)

under there is - about Media Centre version you are running

Thank you John! I see that I’m on version 18.0.212. Now I’m contemplating re-loading version .194… Does anyone know if version .0.212 sounds worse than version .194?