JRiver Media Center (All things JRMC)

I would like to suggest/start a dedicated thread to setting up, troubleshooting and using JRiver Media Center with PS Audio DACs and Bridges. I have scoured the site and spent some time spelunking through the JRMC-linked Wiki help pages, but can’t find clear and accurate instructions for setting up JRMC 23 or 24 (the latest version) with DS Sr. or Jr., including streaming DSD files. Maybe the second post here could help enlighten me!? So far (but I am currently putting Roon/Tidal through its paces), the best overall sound quality in my “streaming” setup has been via my iMac hard drive over wireless to router to DS Sr via JRMC so more posting on this file management and playback software would be appreciated (hopefully by others as well). Cheers.

If you have not seen it, there is a “How to set-up JRiver and the Bridge” under Resources-How To. It’s very helpful though as a new JRiver 24 Mac user myself, it looks like a few of the items mentioned in the configuration guideline have either disappeared or been replaced under another name. Or else I’m doing something wrong.

Thanks. If you are referring to the “How To” here in the forums, I recall finding it lacking in some detail and out of date. I’ll check it out again though. Thanks again.

Yes, that’s the one. Agreed, it’s out of date in a few areas but it is the best I’ve been able to find so far.

I’ve been using MC 22 I believe without issues
For a while.

I’m not home to see the exact screens but you choose audiophile dac - is that a option no longer there?

Are people finding MC 23 or 24 stabile under osx?

I just upgraded to “MK XXIV” about a week ago. Seems stable so far… But, I am not sure how to set it up so I can play DSD files.

I think there’s a check box for “dop” or something like that in the section where you choose audiophile dac- maybe under the advanced options.

Try Tools/Options/Media Network/Add or Configure DLNA servers/Advanced and check Bitstream DSD
At least that is how I have it set in JRMC 23.

Done! Thanks.

Unhappy now. Buy Jriver always. I think it is good. On 24. It cannot play back a certain Flac stream. It even gives choice of http or https for compatibility. Foobar plays it fine. I have no idea why it will not play. Yes, I know about Dlna, Wmp etc.