Linn and BHK 300s

Has anyone heard the BHK 300s with a Linn Akurate DSM/3. More specifically, can anyone compare the AKDSM driven by an Akurate 4200 amp vs the BHKs? Trying to get an idea of what to expect if I move to the BHKs. They will be driving Monitor Audio PL300ii speakers. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide.

Welcome! This Linn preamp with room contour controls as well as XLR inputs & outputs would be a good match for the BHK 300 amps.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome. Any direct experience with Linn and the BHKs? On paper this looks like a no-brainer but I’m trying to get a feel for the outcome ahead of actually ordering them.

I don’t have any direct experience with the Linn and BHK 300s. However, the BHK 300s powering the MA PL300ii would be absolutely stunning! I have no doubt in my mind the Linn would get along nicely with the 300s.

Sorry, no direct experience, so long as the Linn is a balanced device from input to output, like BHK 300s are, they would work well together.

I am selling a pair of black 300s, if interested please check out my ad in market place section of this form.

Thanks again for your insights. Jamesh, your comments relative to the speakers are helpful. I have new shelving on the way, and once that’s in and settled, it will be time to order a pair of the BHKs to find out for myself.

1 Like

Happy to help! Very exciting stuff. Definitely post a picture of the system once you get it all put together. I’d love to see it!