Matrix X-SPDIF 2

Just checking.

1 Like

BTW, that’s amazing performance from the RAL, being able to go neck and neck with a cable costing 4 times more :hushed:.
Brad is a genius :sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

If Brad had as much advertising outlay and as many “middle men” between his cable and you it might cost something close. But luckily their are cable companies that don’t feel the need.

2 Likes

Yes it costs a lot to be mentioned and reviewed in influential magazines. Advertising is not cheap but it pays dividends if positive reviews follow.

Maybe the DBS needs to be powered on 24 hours like their power cords.

https://www.audioquest.com/product/downloadspecification/1014

It’s been more than 24h since I plugged it in.

I decided to compare once again the RAL with the Dragon right now with my DMP playing files and boy, huge difference. The RAL is much more veiled sounding. You can hear instruments in the background so much more present with the Dragon. The Dragon has the resolution, liveness, clarity, presence, and richness over the RAL. The highs are so much cleaner and you hear the air around the images much better with the Dragon. It takes about 2 weeks for the battery to do it’s thing, and about 2 weeks for the molecules to descramble. It’s been almost 2 weeks and this Dragon has not stop getter better. Only the Dragon can make my DMP sound this good.

I know all systems are different, but this is what the Dragon does to my system. I may have to buy another Dragon for my streamer also. It even makes more difference with my Esoteric streamer.

1 Like

I will give it more time :blush:

1 Like

Just installed my dragon. We’ll compare notes.

Hi Rob, nice to see you’re up and running. Remember it may be a little sharper and bright on the highs in the beginning, but when that settles, everything will just right again, but with much greater resolution. We’ll see.

Thanks, @waymanchen11

I’m running brand new Maggie 20.7s. Sharp and bright on the highs are kind of their thing. :slight_smile:

Are you breaking in two things at the same time? Sounds like Al.

1 Like

Al @aangen is my spending hero.

3 Likes

Nobody I know could or does spends like Al. It most likely is a gift from the Gods to have such a talent. It would be so much excitement and fun to be around someone like him. He is also my spending hero.

2 Likes

I like this ‘spending hero’. :slight_smile: so I know everyone is ‘you have to throw more at it’ - but really - the matrix alone without all the bells and whistles is a step up. The fact that it allows you to hear the benefits of the added expenditure is just a compliment to its ability to show these improvements via the tweaks.

2 Likes

Buzzkill…

2 Likes

I think before I make my next move I really gotta ask… WWAD? What would Al do?? Easy peasy.

2 Likes

Budgetarily speaking, you may not want to know the answer to that question.

What kind of amp robh?

Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated.

1 Like