MQA for Bridge using Roon

dancing-009_gifThank you Paul!

Hi Paul,

Have the fine folks at Conversa responded to your timeline inquiry yet?

I am also eagerly awaiting bridge2 firmware release supporting MQA via Roon. Hopefully it will improve overall SQ to get on the level of UPnP…

I haven’t heard anything back. I will ping them again.

Paul McGowan said

…they’re quite poor at communicating but I’ll try again to get an answer.

Wow. Apparently quite true, given that the first attempt to get an update was half a month ago.

If their work is as slow as their communication, getting this update could be a long wait for Roon users. This is frustrating.

Anything you can do Paul will be much appreciated.

Let me throw my $0.02 into this discussion. I’m a big Roon fan and looking to buy the Directstream DAC and one of the BHK power amps but likely won’t pull the trigger until I see MQA streaming working. I’d feel like a moron if I spent all this money only to find out that there was some technical reason that this won’t end up working.

For what it’s worth: I use Roon for about 70% of my listening, through multiple systems including a DSjr/BHK Pre/BHK Stereo Amp. The Roon interface with the DSJr is fantastic (best I’ve seen) and the sound is unbelievable. The MQA/Tidal via Roon issue has been a non-issue so far for me; I listen to Tidal MQA through the DSJ using MConnect, but so far the matter hasn’t seemed urgent.

My point is that while the MQA through Roon update will be fantastic, the advantages of using a DSD or DSJr with Roon are so obvious that I’m patient for the MQA-through-Roon update - which will surely happen.

Just my experience.

PS Of course, worst case scenario for you is that any DAC will work with a BHK - your decisions about a DSD and a BHK don’t need to be “linked.”

Dschamis - Not to be offensive, but putting MQA (one of many end formats) before any of the other items you mention is putting the cart before the horse.

I, too, begin to find it very long, and I begin to no longer believe it. Who tells lies … …PS or ROON?
It makes me rude.

Excuse my englhis

Neither. The holdup is with Converse Digital.

I believe ConversDigital also make a similar network card (not the same because we know there are PSA specific tweaks) for Ayre and Bricasti and possibly others.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if they were contacted by all their customers (including PSA) at the same time that this updated Roon SDK was made available to Roon Ready partners.

This may (or not) explain why things are taking a while.

Dschamis said

Let me throw my $0.02 into this discussion. I’m a big Roon fan and looking to buy the Directstream DAC and one of the BHK power amps but likely won’t pull the trigger until I see MQA streaming working. I’d feel like a moron if I spent all this money only to find out that there was some technical reason that this won’t end up working.

MQA streaming is working just fine if you have a Bridge II.

Paul isn’t that a little misleading? The original post was about having MQA support in Roon. Your comment that MQA is working today while true requires mconnect rather than Roon. We all want MQA working through Bridge II with Roon. I really don’t care about mconnect and never use it.

Sorry. I should have qualified that. You’re correct that I missed the post’s subject. Thanks for correcting me.

jaiello said

Paul isn’t that a little misleading? The original post was about having MQA support in Roon. Your comment that MQA is working today while true requires mconnect rather than Roon. We all want MQA working through Bridge II with Roon. I really don’t care about mconnect and never use it.

Yes - you are correct about this - I am eager for this to be working on Roon, and while I know that mConnect currently works I am not going to make this kind of investment if its not doing exactly what I want it to do. I have really held off on any high-end audio purchases for years because I felt as though so much of this is still evolving. Now with MQA via Tidal w/ Roon I’m ready to jump back in. But if I’ve waited this long, I might as well wait another couple of weeks for Converse Digital to do whatever they have to do to make this work right and for you guys to confirm that its doing what its supposed to be doing.

David

@ David

If you circle around a black hole’s event horizon at the speed of light for a couple of weeks and the return to earth, I would say the chance is good that Converse Digital has finished this task giggle_gif

Then I think it will really start looking for another DAC. It frustrated me because I just bought the bridge II

^%]}\€^^^~. :frowning:

Patience you must have, my young Padawans.

And that’s coming from probably the youngest and keenest DS owner on the planet, craving Bridge II + Roon + MQA (up to 24/192) to start working.

I trust that Paul continues to do as much as he possibly can to push ConversDigital.

Just got an email from Scott Cho of Converse that work begins in two weeks on adding the new RAAT to the Bridge II. Guessing that means within a month we should be testing it.

Progress!