MQA Support once Bridge II is EOL

Paul what is the plan for MQA support once the Bridge III comes out?

@Paul can I get an answer to MQA support moving forward? Or is there someone on your team who can answer this question?

Thanks

We have yet to decide. I am leaning towards not including it as to do so requires a good deal or hardware rearranging and, as people know, I believe it is on its last legs and on the way out.

I know this is not going to be popular and we don’t want to let people down, but then too I hate compromising our values.

I wonder how many people really care.

Thanks for your reply. I personally want MQA support as I’m a Tidal user and Tidal offers MQA. I’m sure you will get some who say they don’t want it and some who say they do.

Again thanks for your reply.

I, for one, don’t care a whit.

Now this would be good cause for a survey on the forum @Elk

@bootzilla could you start a poll for this :face_with_monocle: ?

Something simple like…

With regard to purchasing the Octave music server, how important is MQA as a feature:

1. Very Important
  2. Neutral
  3. Not important

Or better yet…

1. Want it
  2. Neutral
  3. Don’t want it

For those that are absolutely opposed to it

POLL: Should PS Audio include MQA Decoding in the Upcoming Bridge III and Octave Music Server?:

• Yes, regardless of any incremental cost increase.
  • Yes, but only if any incremental cost increase is 10% or less.
  • I do not care either way.
  • No, I do not want MQA even if there is no incremental cost increase.

0 voters

For me it comes down to will PSA continue to support/develop MQA or not. Given I don’t know the cost of the upcoming Bridge it is hard to judge based on cost increase.

I don’t care either

@Elk, can you move this poll to its own thread? I think it has value for @Paul and I am afraid it will not get much exposure under this current thread.

I can, but I suggest closing this poll, and starting two polls - one each for Bridge III and Octave.

I also find the current poll too complicated. I suggest using your first version for each poll:

As it stands, I have no idea how to respond as two separate products are included and there are cost variables of which we have no knowledge.

As it is bootzilla’s poll, I will wait to hear from him before moving the current poll if this is his preference.

Hi, I do not have a strong view either way. On request, I can close the existing poll, create two new polls in this thread, and then the two new ones can be moved as @Elk sees fit. Please let me know. Thanks.

Honestly having a poll doesn’t matter to me one way or another. I believe @wijber was the one who suggested the poll.

We need a poll to determine whether there should be a poll.

@bootzilla could you start a poll for this? :joy:

Wish there were a way for the MQA team to conduct complete unfolding within the TIDAL or Roon software thereby eliminating the need for third parties to be involved.

We need a poll to determine the worthiness of members who are likely to partake in a poll.