MQA Support once Bridge II is EOL


#1

Paul what is the plan for MQA support once the Bridge III comes out?


#2

@Paul can I get an answer to MQA support moving forward? Or is there someone on your team who can answer this question?

Thanks


#3

We have yet to decide. I am leaning towards not including it as to do so requires a good deal or hardware rearranging and, as people know, I believe it is on its last legs and on the way out.

I know this is not going to be popular and we don’t want to let people down, but then too I hate compromising our values.

I wonder how many people really care.


#4

Thanks for your reply. I personally want MQA support as I’m a Tidal user and Tidal offers MQA. I’m sure you will get some who say they don’t want it and some who say they do.

Again thanks for your reply.


#5

I, for one, don’t care a whit.


#6

Now this would be good cause for a survey on the forum @Elk


#7

@bootzilla could you start a poll for this :face_with_monocle: ?


#8

Something simple like…

With regard to purchasing the Octave music server, how important is MQA as a feature:

  1. Very Important
  2. Neutral
  3. Not important

#9

Or better yet…

  1. Want it
  2. Neutral
  3. Don’t want it

For those that are absolutely opposed to it


#10

POLL: Should PS Audio include MQA Decoding in the Upcoming Bridge III and Octave Music Server?:

  • Yes, regardless of any incremental cost increase.
  • Yes, but only if any incremental cost increase is 10% or less.
  • I do not care either way.
  • No, I do not want MQA even if there is no incremental cost increase.

0 voters


#11

For me it comes down to will PSA continue to support/develop MQA or not. Given I don’t know the cost of the upcoming Bridge it is hard to judge based on cost increase.


#12

I don’t care either


#13

@Elk, can you move this poll to its own thread? I think it has value for @Paul and I am afraid it will not get much exposure under this current thread.


#14

I can, but I suggest closing this poll, and starting two polls - one each for Bridge III and Octave.

I also find the current poll too complicated. I suggest using your first version for each poll:

As it stands, I have no idea how to respond as two separate products are included and there are cost variables of which we have no knowledge.

As it is bootzilla’s poll, I will wait to hear from him before moving the current poll if this is his preference.


#15

Hi, I do not have a strong view either way. On request, I can close the existing poll, create two new polls in this thread, and then the two new ones can be moved as @Elk sees fit. Please let me know. Thanks.


#16

Honestly having a poll doesn’t matter to me one way or another. I believe @wijber was the one who suggested the poll.


#17

We need a poll to determine whether there should be a poll.


#18

@bootzilla could you start a poll for this? :joy:


#19

Wish there were a way for the MQA team to conduct complete unfolding within the TIDAL or Roon software thereby eliminating the need for third parties to be involved.


#20

We need a poll to determine the worthiness of members who are likely to partake in a poll.