Multiwave does nothing?

Hi,

Although the text in the Waveform icon switches between Sine and Multiwave - the scope output does not change at all anymore. What can be wrong?

Best regards

Markus

The waveform’s changing, the scope won’t because it is designed to ignore what MultiWave does.

multiwave.pngsine.pngUnfortunately that statement contradicted what I thought I had seen when multiwave was on.

So I asked a P5 owner to check if the scope of the output changes with multiwave on: he simply commented that the shape of the waveform on the scope output was what he used to see if multiwave was on - well perhaps the P5 is designed differently so…

I put an oscilloscope on one of the outputs. Attached are two shots of the output waveform - one with multiwave on. Simply put: they are identical.

What can be wrong?

Did I mention that I my P10 had been recently repaired and apparently the regenerator board swapped? Anyway, I was wondering about the firmware on it and decided to reinstall the 0.41 firmware update.

And low and behold

multiwave-off.pngPic 1: Multiwave off

multiwave-on.png Pic 2: Multiwave on

p10-multiwave-on-1.pngPic 3: Output on the P10

It looks like multiwave is working again.

My next issue is that the P10 claims the output voltage is 231.3/231.4 volts irrespective of whether multiwave is on or off - the manual and the web site claim a voltage regulation of 1V. Is that -0 +1V or ± 0.5V, or even ±1V? Whichever one it is, the display is outside of spec: the output is set to 230V. Using a multimeter on the sine output does deliver a value which may be correct : 229.3V.

Dare I ask: I don’t suppose there is a multiplicator somewhere in the P10 that can be simply adjusted so that the displayed value is correct?

Don’t despair! Ask service: they are very helpful! It is indeed possible to calibrate the displayed voltage values.