Bug in New P10 Firmware (0.00.32)?

I have found that whenever I use Cleanwave, my Multiwave setting of 6 resets to 0. If I switch to Sinewave and then back to Multiwave it goes back to strength 6. This is irrespective of whether I do it from the front panel or the remote.

Is there a bug in this firmware?

Yes, a known bug and fixed in the current version.

Ah, thank you.

Apologies, I checked the firmware version again and it is 0.00.38. This version of firmware STILL HAS THE BUG.

I have MW set to 6. I perform a Cleanwave. I check the scope and the waveform has returned to sinewave. I check status and it still says 6. I switch to sine and then back to multi, check the scope again and now the waveform has returned to multiwave.

Interesting. I cannot replicate this issue.

When you state “check the scope,” I assume you mean you look at the setup page for the multi/sine setting.

I tried this, plus I tried literally checking the scope to look at the waveform. No problems for me.

Interesting. I’ll ask the team to check it as well.

I have found that whenever I use Cleanwave, my Multiwave setting of 6 resets to 0. If I switch to Sinewave and then back to Multiwave it goes back to strength 6. This is irrespective of whether I do it from the front panel or the remote.

Is there a bug in this firmware?

Apologies, I checked the firmware version again and it is 0.00.38. This version of firmware STILL HAS THE BUG.

I have MW set to 6. I perform a Cleanwave. I check the scope and the waveform has returned to sinewave. I check status and it still says 6. I switch to sine and then back to multi, check the scope again and now the waveform has returned to multiwave.

I reloaded firmware 38 in my two channel system's P10 and I could not duplicate Martin's problem. I also connected an oscilloscope to one of the P10's outlets so that I could observe the output waveform while the P10's touch screen was displaying something other than the oscilloscope function.

1. I set MW to 6 and pressed CleanWave on the remote. The waveform on the external oscilloscope has the jagged edges typical of CW. After CW completes, the status screen still shows MW at 6.

2. I set MW to 6, switched the touch screen to the oscilloscope function to look at the output waveform. I pressed CleanWave on the remote. The touch screen stayed on the MW waveform after CW completed.

------------------------
Further comments on firmware 37 MultiWave Bug

My understanding about the firmware 37 MultiWave Bug was that MultiWave strength was set to zero (Multiwave completely disengaged) if you switched from MultiWave to sine wave. With my two channel system's P10, the MultiWave strength on the status screen goes to zero if I switched to sine wave, but if I switched back to MultiWave, the output waveform seen on an external oscilloscope would go back to whatever the previous MW strength was, but the status screen would still display a MW strength of zero.

When switching between sine wave and MW with the remote, I could see the waveform on the P10's oscilloscope screen and on the external oscilloscope screen change from sine wave to MW. When I went back to the status screen while still in MW, the MW strength would read zero, but the 6 strength MW waveform would be shown on the external oscilloscope.

With firmware 37, engaging CleanWave while in MultiWave mode did not set the MW strength back to zero on the status screen.
DarqueKnight said: When I went back to the status screen while still in MW, the MW strength would read zero, but the 6 strength MW waveform would be shown on the external oscilloscope.

This is an interesting tidbit.

Of course, the rest is interesting as well. :) Thanks!

To be clear: after running Cleanwave (having set MW to 6), I check the scope with the Scope button and the waveform clearly looks sine. The Status page still says MW 6. It’s only when I click to Sine and then back to Multi that the scope waveform then looks correct again.

So… the waveform is being reset to sine but the Status page incorrectly shows it as MW 6.

To be clear: after running Cleanwave (having set MW to 6), I check the scope with the Scope button and the waveform clearly looks sine. The Status page still says MW 6. It's only when I click to Sine and then back to Multi that the scope waveform then looks correct again.

So... the waveform is being reset to sine but the Status page incorrectly shows it as MW 6.

Something strange is going on with your P10.

If I set MW to 6, then go to the oscilloscope screen, the MW waveform is displayed. When the Cleanwave button is pressed on the remote, the Cleanwave screen comes up. After Cleanwave completes, the screen switches back to MW waveform. For a brief moment after it switches back, I see the "jagged edge" MW waveform that is distorted by Cleanwave. The waveform then goes back to the ordinary MW waveform.

The above sequence occurs for both firmware 37 and firmware 38.

Could this be a problem specific to the UK 240V model? Please could PS Audio reproduce my steps in the lab?

It’s not a showstopper, just that I have to fiddle with it every time I use Cleanwave.

I reproduced it here, and it will be fixed in the next version.

Thank you, Dennis!

Wonderful to see PS Audio support active and on the job. It is good to see you post here occasionally - very reassuring that PS Audio is paying attention and does care. It is also nice to see that you can replicate the problem: this gives a much higher probability that it will be fixed, and soon.

J.P.

dennis said: I reproduced it here, and it will be fixed in the next version.

Excellent.

Is it limited to a particular version of the Power Plant?

No, I think it’s just a bug you all found that we didn’t know about as the firmware’s the same for the P5 and P10. Thanks for uncovering the bug!

You’re welcome!

@martinwtaylor - nice one =D>

+1

This was not obvious at all.

Could this be a problem specific to the UK 240V model? Please could PS Audio reproduce my steps in the lab?

I reproduced it here, and it will be fixed in the next version.

No, I think it's just a bug you all found that we didn't know about as the firmware's the same for the P5 and P10. Thanks for uncovering the bug!

But Elk and I could not reproduce the problem with our U.S. version P10s.