Music Streamer suggestions?

The bluesound node 2i.

2 Likes

I’m getting it second-hand from my brother, barely used, so other choices aren’t even on the table. But to be honest, even if I were buying new it would still be my choice from their line, since it’s the only one of their models I can afford. :wink:

1 Like

I think you’re gonna like it. I was going to buy a half rack sized one myself, but lucked into a new A10 player at a significant discount.

1 Like

For a price, I can highly recommend the Innuos ZENith Mk3 and Phoenix re-clocker. A friend heard mine and went out and purchased the pair for his system recently. May not be for the budget minded. I do like the sound and thought it was a step up from the Zen Mk3.

1 Like

I agree. It may be smart to wait and see what PSAudio comes out with.

1 Like

I just added an Auralic to my DSD and am quite pleased with it.

Excellent customer service.

But if you can wait,

the PS Audio might be an outstanding product.

What model did you purchase?

Aries G2.1.

Very pleased

1 Like

Interface app is very simple and easy to work with.

I was not interested in Roon ETC.

1 Like

How did you connect your Aries 2.1 to the DSD? USB?

I’m curious about the CXN streamer.

My local dealer encouraged me to use USB instead of Balanced Cable.

I was just hooking back up my Mini so I could listen to both.

I vote for the Pink Faun 2.16x Ultra. Then you can stop thinking about a streamer for a long time.

1 Like

I was looking into the Auralic and I have a Matrix Spdif 2. If I get an Auralic I’ll try it with the Matrix w/I2S and with USB direct into the direct stream and see which one sounds best on my system.

1 Like

Perhaps an interesting proposition. They also make another more expensive unit. Any feedback on Cambridge streamers ?

Call me simple, but if it doesn’t have Ethernet In and at least DSD512 capable I2S out, I’ll keep waiting.

I know, I know. Beating a dead horse.

1 Like

Excellent to know.

I have been thinking about a Matrix for quite some time
I have not heard of anyone who has used it with an Auralic.

Some say it is not needed.

Please update on your findings is you get the Auralic.

I am going to hold off on upgrading my USB cable for now.

Thank you

Can you IM me on where you picked up the unit?

Check out Rose Hifi.

Looks promising.

1 Like

I picked up an Auralic Aries G2 yesterday. Right now I’m running it through a Matrix Spdif 2 so I can take advantage of 256 DSD. I’m not sure if I’m hearing a huge improvement over running the similar setup with my Roon Nucleus. Is there a burn in time for the Aries any Auralic owners can confirm?

1 Like