My introduction

Ha! It was intended to be a reference to a collection of Kurt Vonnegut short stories. One in particular entitled Welcome to the Monkey House. Vonnegut fans may have picked up on it, and I am not certain it is appropriate to get into the short story details here. Vonnegut caught a fair amount of criticism when it was first published in a 1968 PlayBoy.

1 Like

Upon wondering if something is appropriate, you already possess definitive proof it is not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which is why restraint was exercised. Apparently you are familiar with the story as well. Remove the sexual connotation associated with the story, retain the fetishism and it can fit an aspect of the audiophile community. Some what along the lines of Harlan Ellisonā€™s sci-fi piece A Boy and His Dog.

1 Like

I thought Monkey was related to Kurt; the money comment was a tease.

Gotcha first and second time, figured an explanation would assist those unfamiliar with Vonnegut.

Anyone curious can look it up.

We try to maintain a family friendly forum - in content and language.

Well, #Paul, Itā€™s just like the 10 year old said to his motherā€¦ ā€œMom, I want to be a musician when I grow up.ā€ His mom saidā€¦ ā€œOh, come on son, You know you canā€™t do both!ā€

Thanks Elk. I hope we get a chance to talk trumpet sometime. I played some legit in Jr College but my forteā€™ is Jazz.

BTW. I just got a new Pocket Trumpet and man, is it a gas!

1 Like

Sorry!

Thanks, #Davida. Next bio coming soon!

They are both cute and fun to play.

Off to a Christmas Bazaar performance (we are the opening act for the weekend).