My introduction

I just wanted to post here to say hello and thanks for the comraderie in our shared audio passion!

11 Likes

Thanks. Yep, welcome to the black hole of insanity and fun!

3 Likes

Welcome, @djcwardog !

Thanks!

Welcome to the Monkey House! A fun bunch here to be certain.

Welcome to the “old farts spending their kids inheritance on stereo” club. :grin:

12 Likes

Hey welcome to fun spot djcwardog…

Yep…not all the monkeys are in the zoo…
there just happens to be quite a few here too…

Best wishes

Just be careful where you pass the gas… :grin:

2 Likes

:+1:

Thanks for joining in on the banter!

Welcome.

Be sure to set aside a small fortune for the cable-of-the-month festivities and power supplies . . .

:wink:

Welcome!
I joined this group of fellas with the illusion (delusion?) that I was a significant audiophile; but I was promptly reminded of when I got into UBC in the early 80s THINKING I was a smart guy… Within days I felt like a one fish two fish red fish blue fish guy bellowing “doy, Doy, DUH-DOY” in a school full of brainiacs.
In retrospect however - in both cases, a great place to be!

4 Likes

Hey, I used to “pass gas for a living”!!! I’m a retired Anesthesiologist…

6 Likes

I just pass gass. Not for a living though. Now that I’m retired I just do it all day! NO PAY!

1 Like

I can definitely relate. And agree this is a great place to be! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello,

I just want to say HI!, and kinda introduce myself, as well as give a little explanation of why I’m here and what I am looking for.

Well , here goes…

First of all, I am a musician (Trumpet player since I was about 10 years old). I have played professionally all my life, but, have never really made a very good living at it except when I played for 4 yrs in the US Army (which reminds me of a joke: What do you call a musician with no wife or girlfriend? … Homeless!).
Anyway, That being the case, I am now retired from my own Handyman business (happily retired since 2018).

During my first year in the Army, the supply sergeant at my first duty station was an audiophile and he had some amazing audio equipment. The first time he turned it on for me I was floored! That was all it took to get me hooked. The problem? I had very little money and I was only a corporal. He had 2 distinct advantages: 1) he was 3 pay grades higher than me, and 2) while he was stationed in Japan, not only did he have access to high end equipment for great prices, but also managed to marry a RICH Japanese woman. So, here I was with a lot of passion and no money to turn it into practical reality. But, one good thing came of it.

Because of that passion, I started getting involved with live and some studio mixing and engineering. I studied enough electronics to get me 1 or 2 classes away from an AS degree. Not much, I know, but a little knowledge can go a long way sometimes.

Well that’s enough of this novel for now.

Stay tuned for the next installment.

Neal

P.S. A young boy/girl tells his/her mom… “I want to be a musician when I grow up.” Mom says… “Oh, come on. You know you can’t do both!”

P.P.S. Just to let you know, I am really interested in your “Trade-in” program. So, I will be bugging you a lot about that in the very near future. I have some important questions about possibilities for purchasing some new equipment. I have auditioned some of your products and I must say I am extremely impressed so far!

4 Likes

Welcome, Neal! Glad you’re here and delighted you’re interested in mixing and high end audio (and never grow up) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome, Neal!

Fellow active trumpet player here (legit, not commercial/jazz but coachable).

1 Like

You misspelled Mon ey.

NealJazz…welcome to the funnest bestest audio forum…bar non!!!

Can’t wait for your next autobiography installment…
Happy audio journey!!

Best wishes

1 Like