My Study Of How People Listen To Music

Ask any elevator operators why they enjoy their job.
" It’s for the music." :grin:

Not for the muzak? :wink:

Man…only in America can such a large sum of money be made for such low-fi musical drek. hmmm… :thinking:

I’ll admit that I’m mainly interested in the sound. That’s why I spend so much time and money on my “sound system”.
When I just care about the music, I can listen to it on anything.

2 Likes

Peanut butter sandwich is my favorite food!

I don’t care how one obtains and listens to music. Use a 10 cent transistor, boombox or a megabucks system. Rock, classic, trashcan, but get there as fast as you can. Enjoy, share and don’t forget to dance, boogie and shake.
Chas

For me, playback quality or also live music sound quality is an e extremely essential contribution to the overall experience.

The interesting thing is, which music remains important when you only have a very simple playback gear available. Think about it.

With great sound for me a lot of music is fascinating which I wouldn’t listen to on a kitchen radio. On the other hand a good Bill Evans album works on both.

3 Likes

Agree with ronp and jazznut here - music enjoyment is one thing, hifi enjoyment is another, they compliment each other well of course, but only some music works no matter what - much of my music choice requires the hifi to even hear some of the notes :slight_smile:

1 Like