New DS from Linn

Hi Serhan, thanks for asking,

NAD C 648 arrived, it’s been a tour to get all the functions up and running in my network, but I do not regret the move. It sounds really good and NAD, Dirac and and BluOS support team has been excellent within very reasonable time all issues were resolved. “Resolved” as resolved, not reprioritized to silence.

When I have time I’ll open a thread with pictures and pro’s and con’s and the challenges I encountered making the system do what I bought it for. Mainly issues that are to blame on how I have set up my network.

I hope to write it in a way that the information is useful to anybody wanting to get into streaming and other on-line services.

Now that the IT issues are resolved, the C 658 keeps me very happy and makes the wait, till the M33 arrives, a sweet period.

1 Like

In case you have not noticed, but the title of this thread says “Linn” and the person you fall in the back happened to be prompted to respond by the person who opened the thread. So if you do not like either, you were warned up front and could have moved on to a different thread.

I would never compare Steven with Brodric that is too generalistic and in case you wonder, I still have more or less regular contact with Brodric. He is a special, and from what I have read, intelligent guy. I like his attitude toward sound technology.

I also think that it is very inappropriate if forum members try to push other forum members over the edge in public.

Dirk is pissing around, Scottish like, and I find that dialog rather amusing. No reason to push one of them around, Steven is taking it very English like, the reason why I like that dialog.

If you do not like somebody’s contribution it is very easy to identify that person’s post and wind fast forward.

In terms of John Darko: “use the Red hot Chili Peppers button on the remote” (Citing John Darko, I like certain Red Hot Chili Peppers music pieces). Which brings us to the common interest of all of us in this forum: music!

2 Likes

And I did find Stevens contributions useful to decide what to do with my systems, if you bother to see the bright side he is a nice guy.

1 Like

No sense in debating this further … I’m out.

i don’t understand “the british thing”, and i’m british :wink:

but i will discuss whatever kit i like here, it’s part of the fun and i keep it polite and friendly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Respectful discussion of kit one enjoys is part of the fun, repeated trolling chauvinism and putting down other countries/companies is not.

Not that I have an opinion. :yum:

I hate everyone* equally, make it easier :wink:

* This may not be true.

1 Like

And it is easier for the rest of us; we know where we stand. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I realize most businesses spin and embellish innovation claims but is Linn guilty of reality distortion shields or are they fairly straightforward with their marketing?

One word I think should be eliminated from all marketing is “revolutionary.”

Congratulations!

1 Like

The irony is that because Linn make complete systems, their forum only ever mentioned Linn and was unbelievably dull and then came to an end. Thankfully PS Audio don’t make turntables, speakers, streamers or cables (yet), so we are forced to mention other brands.

We could have Danish Week, discuss ICEPower amplifiers, Buchardt speakers and @aangen’s Gryphon system and look at @michael-denmark’s lovely and slightly over-saturated photographs.

Meanwhile, I’m happy to continue to be the font of all ignorance, which I think was @Dirk’s point. At least I found an amusing video. I realised in the bath last night I’ve been re-reading the January 2021 edition of Stereophile for the last 3 months as I’d not given then more money, so shortly thereafter I was $15 poorer and slightly cleaner, but equally ill-informed about audio.

And as I’ve not mentioned Cambridge Audio yet, my experience with the CXA81 is that AptX HD Bluetooth is very useful as the sound quality is perfectly good for budget systems and it allows me to use Roon on a device without a Roon Ready streamer from an Aptx HD phone. The Sprout has Bluetooth 2.0, but for reasons unknown the Stellar Strata does not have Bluetooth at all. Might that be remedied?

I agree with @elk, it’s about enjoying music and having a bit of fun, maybe learning something, and we all learn from the opposition. It’s an audio rat race, after all.

2 Likes

I was in limbo between Cambridge Audio and NAD. The in house developed BluOS system and Dirac was the trigger for NAD. I can only second your observations about AptX head-fi. NAD offers AptX dual way, for streaming to it from mobile devices and listening with earbuds, headphones.

That feature made me blow the dust of my Bose Quite Comfort cans that have been stored since we can’t fly anywhere anymore. Then coupled them with the NAD utilizing AptX and my o my, a great sound, much, much improved over the Apple iOS Bluetooth protocol. Love it.

Not high end in terms of this forum, but so good, I do not feel the need to set aside budget for a separate head-fi set.

Kids have fun too with these dual way AptX compatible Bluetooth functions. They do now listen to friends music via AptX from their smart phones together. When alone they can switch between their game consoles and Netflix keeping their favorite cans or earbuds on without wires or setting up a new connection every time they switch the devices. Very useful when moving around with interactive controllers requiring freedom of movement.

It is a fun high end life style family system. The usefulness of it certainly sweetens the bitter drink about the budget the family CFO had to approve. We are from the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands and similar to the Scotch, the penny gets turned three times before spending it.

I’m not sure why I just ended up here. I have naturally sold Linn in my young days and have just had some equipment from Cambridge Audio at home for testing. A Danish week. Of course, this is not enough, as our country is developing both HIFI and LO fi on a large scale. Right now I’m playing with Cocktail Audio X-50 Pro digital streamer. Of course, it is Denmark that has invented Bluetooth.

more love from Denmark

Of course, other countries also do HIFI and LO FI.

Our castle gets a new roof

1 Like

Why are the guns pointed towards the castle? New roof every year?:wink:

I like your posts as well a nice mix on lo-fi and hi-fi/high end.

Regards from the lowlands.

2 Likes

( Scots )

“Scotch” is food and drink. “Scotch” - nip in the bud. “Scotch” - wooden wedge that my grandad placed against the wheel/tyre of his Humber Super Snipe when parked on steep hills.

3 Likes

The little black box beats almost anything … :wink:

1 Like

You caught me on another language error, I need to be more careful. Indeed “Scots” or “Scottish citizens”, thanks for reminding.

For your info, people from the province Zeeland are “Zeeuwen”. Zeeland has a beautiful coast line and has most sun hours of all provinces, good combination.

All, but a streamer, which is why you currently play with the Cocktail Audio, I presume.

Looking at price / quality category and features, a very attractive combination.

1 Like

I use the Cocktail Audio X50 Pro as a preamp for my active speakers. I have much less noise as with the PS equipment …

I’m sure Linn will start selling their own line of sandwiches soon!

1 Like