New Goldman SACD player

1 Like

I choose to have the band just play live in my space at that price. Bet I could impress more people by funding a live performance than acquisition of the Goldmund. To each their own.

2 Likes

I do have a big question about this unit: “WHYYYYYYYYYYYY???”

Because there are some with more $$ than sense.

1 Like

Black, silver, both? What to do?

3 Likes

A fraction of the price of some turntables.

1 Like

Well it looks fancy. Does that qualify as a flagship to get the flagship price?

The case isn’t solid gold?

I’ll take two please…

JK

It is no sillier than any other high end component.

Just ask any non-audiophile.

3 Likes

Limit of 1 during the pandemic!!

2 Likes

I can’t quite read the little plaque on the front but I believe it says @aangen …

7 Likes

That money could buy me a decent boat with an excellent trailer with rollers and an electric motor. I bet I’d have some change left for the SUV or UTE to tow it. As a sweetener, I will splurge on apple pods! LOL

I suppose I could use it as a transport.

4 Likes

According to What HiFi they put a lot of research into this thing.

None, with all the trim around it, it doesn’t fit into my rack, I have no real estate outside of my rack to put it, I guess that clarifies the budget question too.

1 Like

EDIT: I am sorry to have posted about a power amp that costs $2m. That was inappropriate. Here is something that is more real:

1 Like

And I’d rather have that than a boat if I could.

3 Likes

Even if I told you we can add a image to the boat? :smile:

2 Likes

Such “statement” audio components are just another manifestation of extreme wealth disparity in the world today. I wonder how many people really comprehend the degree to which so much wealth has become concentrated in the hands of a tiny percentage of people. To those at the apex of capitalist success, such a purchase is no more of a budget strain than a trip to the grocery store is for most of us on this forum. As they say, it’s all relative. It’s definitely not a question of “more money than sense,” it’s a case of having so much money that prices don’t have meaning anymore in the sense that it does for most of us.

1 Like