New Octave release (Temporary Circumstances)

How can we get a copy of the lyrics?

1 Like

Nothing here yet, but it’s only been about a week and a half.

One interesting aside is that Jessica’s drummer (on the album), Michael Wooten, played with Carole King in the late 70’s and on a couple of her records of that era.

1 Like

A fun tidbit.

Chris, thank you so much for that tidbit. That”s really interesting.

Arrived today hope to get it spinning tonight!

I decided to be an ass a day too early - mine just arrived and big thanks to @Paul/team for looking into this. Now the wait for vinyl version begins…

Ordered on 16th and rcvd yesterday 30th. Look like took a week to process my order and another week for USPS to reach me at Houston area.:slight_smile:

If that’s representative, maybe mine will arrive ext week.

There is USPS tracking info on the package.
Hope that when PSA updates the processing system next time ( hope PSA has the resource to do it), it can auto sent out this info, then we will know when the order is processed and has better idea when it will arrive. :slight_smile:

My package arrived yesterday - looking forward to listening this weekend.

You were hardly an “ass”. There’s nothing wrong with being antsy to get the good stuff. And, thanks to you, our president, Jim, dug deep with our operations people and we believe we’ve found a way to notify folks by email when their CDs ship.

So, with our next release, Otis Taylor, we should be able to get each copy out the door within a few days of purchase and notify the recipient it’s on the way. We still cannot predict the US Postal service response time like you can UPS or FedEx, but that’s a different story/problem. What remains true is that the USPS remains the lowest cost alternative.

Each release we get better. Thanks for the support and hanging in there with us.

You’re family.

6 Likes

I enjoyed the CD! As good as the recording is on the album I’d love to hear it recorded live in a small club with an audience tho I know that’s not possible currently. Great job all around!

USPS Media Mail has been awful for months. I buy records with tracking and have seen packages bounce between two distribution centers for WEEKS before arriving. I’ve had to file support tickets a few times for the postmaster to track down the package.

As others here, I complained a moment too soon. :wink: Mine arrived in Saturday’s mail.

Paul172 captured my feelings exactly. I felt like I was in a small quiet café catching up with some old friends. No load talking, no shrill voices, just the comfort of life. Well done.

PS Audio - as you get your sea-legs on, you may want to consider a subscription service. Just a thought.

1 Like

Glad it got to you. Over a week to get a CD seems long but as Paul mentioned, we’re getting better with every release. Considering how much smoother this release was to the last, we should have the Otis release down to a science. I think I’ve become a little spoiled being able to order something from Amazon and have it here the next day. With tracking through the whole process.

We are both spoiled and harbor unreasonably high expectations; we expect instant shipping and receipt for everything. Not all that long ago a couple of weeks was on the more efficient side.

It might be wise for the website to indicate to expect receipt of your order in one or two weeks, or whatever the time it takes for almost all order to be delivered. It is much easier to wait when you have been told it will take a bit.

Great idea. And of course no one will be upset if they expect it to come in two weeks but arrives in 3 days.

1 Like

I just ordered something (from another company, not stereo gear or music) that they say should ship Dec. 15th. I am free from worry for that entire time. Then, around the 15th, if it hasn’t arrived, I’ll have (potentially) 10 days to make myself insane over whether it will arrive by Christmas :cowboy_hat_face:

Though of course if I had ordered it some other time of year, Christmas wouldn’t have anything to do with it.

1 Like