New P3 on the way!

I just heard from FedEx that my new P3 should arrive on Friday! I’m really looking forward to hearing what improvements it brings over my old P500, which is going back in trade if I like the P3. As usual, many thanks to @jamesh for making it all possible. I’m absolutely not looking forward to packing and shipping the P500, but I guess that’s all part of the game. As heavy as it is, at least it’s not one of the true behemoth models. :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks Craig, great to hear its on the way! Good timing just before a holiday. Should give you good time to set it up and enjoy some good tunes!

1 Like

I set back an APC S-15 on a P12. That was one heavy device. Cost me $100 to ship it. Well worth it considering the generous trade in credit received.

It’s in town, at the local FedEx shop. Guess I’ll be picking it up tomorrow. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Xmass in November!! Now you kids go to sleep already.

1 Like

Picked it up from FedEx over the weekend and over lunch today I pulled the old P500 and inserted the P3.

Because it’s pulling only light duty providing music for the home office right now, I don’t have any big impressions yet, other than a) it works :wink: and b) turning the volume up for a short while to critical listening levels, I never got out of “blue” range. That’s with almost everything powered from its regen receptacles, including the two M700s. Only the turntable motor and the sub get their power elsewhere.

Assuming it will benefit from burn-in, I’ll keep things running for a while before I make any judgments.

2 Likes

Glad it got there safely. Hope setup went smoothly. Definitely let that guy settle in for a few hours, burn in is definitely relevant for the P3.

1 Like

Ultimate outlet and juice bar! Nice! Must be a long term PS guy. I still have one of each going strong the the living room system.

2 Likes

Yes, sharp eyes! I even have two PS duplex wall receptacles on a dedicated circuit feeding it all. They were installed when we built the house 15 years ago.

1 Like

I can relate! Find something you like and enjoy! What are your speakers?

1 Like

Speakers are Magnepan .7s with a Hsu sub.