New photos BHK amp posted

Here’s some actual photos of one just off the production line, on its way to the Munich High End show tomorrow.

Back-straight.jpgBack-with-tubes.jpgFrontal.jpgLeft-side.jpgRight-side-back.jpgSide-front.jpg

Thanks Paul. Where’s mine?

Sure is purdy! So is Paul chaperoning the amp?

Very thoughtful easy access to the tubes. Well done.

I also enjoy how it appears as the signal path from the input to the tubes is very short.

6 fuses…

Paul, sorry if I missed this from another thread - how do the tubes get biased? Auto-bias?

Yes, auto bias, nothing to worry about. The fuses are many, as you’ve noticed. There are two rail fuses for each channel, and one each for the two transformers. And, at my insistence, fuses are now located externally so you all can add any kind you want without having to get inside the amp. 105_gif

Alekz said 6 fuses...
6 X $90 for red fuses is $540 for fuses :)

Very nice looking … Great idea to use P10 chassis (must’ve saved some R&D).

BTW the Constellation duo was very highly rated in our local April AV magazine - but it was the Virgo II / Centaur. So of course now I wonder … those Constellation remarks that Paul so thoughtfully cut out of the video … against which version were these “veiled references” :slight_smile: made - Reference, Performance or Inspiration …

Paul McGowan said And, at my insistence, fuses are now located externally so you all can add any kind you want without having to get inside the amp. 105_gif
Just like the tubes. Superb thinking. Very end-user oriented.

plcomp said Very nice looking ... Great idea to use P10 chassis (must've saved some R&D).

BTW the Constellation duo was very highly rated in our local April AV magazine - but it was the Virgo II / Centaur. So of course now I wonder … those Constellation remarks that Paul so thoughtfully cut out of the video … against which version were these “veiled references” :slight_smile: made - Reference, Performance or Inspiration …

Let’s just suggest the designer of all models of Constellation amplifiers has now a different amplifier in their home as a reference and to enjoy music on. Progress marches on and this progress does not lessen just how good those products are, just changes the dynamic.